Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Serial number Profile

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I cannot issue a part that has a Y2 s/n profile but no s/n.

History:

Stock was loaded into SAP from our old system when their was no serial number profile. So we had stock of 1 pof part number 'Y'

The serial number profile of Y2 was added to the material.

We had a delivery of 4, each with its unique serial number, entered at goods receipt. Therefore total stock of 5.

4 have been issued to networks with their serial number, no problem.

The last 1 cannot be issued to a network as the serial number profile was assigned when it was in stock (the stock was not zero'd)

I cannot remove the Y2 profile as the message reads "Serial numbers already assigned to this material" in MM02

Any issue that includes IM will ask for a serial number but none are in the system for part Y.

How can i resolve the problem. How can i issue the stock out to a network?

Regards

Darren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darren:

you can define one serial number profile named Z000 without stock check.And set all the "serial number usage" and "equipment required" as "01".

firstly, change the "serial number profile" into Z000 in MM02. And then you can issue the material to a cost center with movement type 201 without serial number.

secondly, change the "serial number profile" back and receipt the material from cost center with correct serial number.

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

I have tried changing the serial number profile to ones currently in our system but none work. What transaction do I need to change a current serial number profile?

Thanks in advance

Darren

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel

I found the way of changing the serial number profile of one we dont use and it worked.

Many thanks for your help

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Does anyone know how I can change the stock type from blocked stock (07) to unrestricted (01), using IQ02?

We need to ship out the material. Previously, the serial numbers were blocked by a user. The Error Messages are:

"Stock data of Serial Number 83150045 not suitable for movement"

"Serial Number 83150045 cannot be used here"

I will really appreciate a response.

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joel

Normally, if you try to ship out the material and another user is viewing/ or in the middle of a transaction using the material part number, then you would get the message of 'serial number blocked by user'

The user name should be detailed in the bottom of the screen. Contact them and get them to come out of the material. You should then be able to do your original transaction.

Is the material blocked? Check LS26 and see if there is a blocked 'X' indicator detailed at bin level for the part. If there is an 'X' use MB1B mvt type 343 to change the material from blocked to unrestricted.Then confirm your posting change in LU04.

Also check to see if the part with a serial number is in stock. IQ09 will give you this. If you see a plant and storage location detailed then its in stock. All blanks are serial numbers already issued.

Hope this helps.

It would have been a good idea if you had started a new thread as you could have awarded me some points if my suggestions work for you

Good luck

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Please tell me the procedure to delete the serial number profile in material master

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

This question has been closed.

If you post a new thread, i will respond with full solution.

Before you post a new thread it would be helpful to know if you already have stock of the material with serial number profile that you want to delete.

Regards

Darren

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Try material to material transfer posting with movement type 309.

While posting , enter the serial number.If possible try to scrap the material & upload the stock with 561

movement type with serial number.Hope it wil not allow you to scrap the material also.If still you are not able

to correct then please raise a OSS note.

Regards,

Ravindran

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot use 309 as it asks for serial number. There is no serial number in the system to enter. IQ09 does not display any serial number.

Any movement that includes IM posting fails.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I still have the problem.

Darren