cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new pictogram under documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i created a webDAV repository, i can see the folder(SHARE) under content administration->km Content.

i assigned EU_Role to end user.

I want to see this SHARE Folder under the role home->documents(eu_role).

By default here soma standard folders like, public documents, private documets, foavourites etc are available.

how can i place my share folder under this role

thanks in advance

Renu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renushree,

The items under Home in eu_role are worksets (ex: Work, Documents..).

In the Overview page under Documents the KM Navigation links are provided to display the items such as Public Docs, Personal docs, Favorites, etc. The same is required to be done for your SHARE folder aslo.

If the requirement is to access this SHARE folder by everyone then, just place this folder under Public documents folder in KM with proper permissions settings.

Then, this can be accessed through eu_role - Home > Documents > Public documents.

Regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi santhosh

thanks for ur immediate response

here i dont want the way which u suggested.

how public documents folder is displaying in the same way my folder (SHARE) also b ther in that view.

I blive u understood what exactly i mean...

Regards,

Renu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renushree,

For that, you will be having to configure Entry point provider for your folder. Refer this link for doing the same.

[KM Folder Entry Points|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/f6/da3340284e7a56e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

The Entry Point folder is available under this below given path in KM :

Content Admin > KM Content > Root > Entry Points.

Dont forget to set the required permissions for your folder.

Regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Santhosh,

Thanks for ur inputs, its really helpful..

Now i got a folder over there. But i want to display the description of that folder. Where i hav to write the description to display.

And here public docuemtnes, personal documents etc folders i dont want to display

how to hide those standard ones

Thanks in advance

Renu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renushree,

I guess you want to have a role/workset similar to Home > Documents having access to your SHARE folder only. In such a case dont try to remove stanadard entry point providers in KM. You can achieve the same by following the below steps.

1. Create a Role/Workset by name Documents (or whatever).

2. Add a Workset map I view to the same with properties (Default entry to folder -Y, Entry Point - Y)

3. Create a KM navigation I View and edit the properties Description = some desc, Workset pictogram = select some image and Path to Initially Displayed Folder = target of your SHARE folder starting from (/irj) .

4. Save and check.

This works exactly the way you require. In case you want this to come under Home (eu_role), modify the role by removing the previous documents workset and add the newly created one. Take a copy of Standard Portal User (eu_role) before modification.

Regards,

Santhosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Renu,

I have created a [Wiki Page|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/a4JiAw].

Here u can upload an attachment as an image.

So if u can put some thing of what u want, a screenshot or that sort, it will be helpful

for u as a lot more guys can get what u want...

Regards

BP