cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop reports from being emailed from the server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a production and also a development server where I work. They both pretty much contain the same data, but the problem is someone has enabled the emailing of reports on the development server so everyone is getting double reports.

One being emailed from the production server and one being emailed from the development server.

Is there a way or a service I can stop on the development box so the reports don't get emailed out?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no service that will disallow email.

What version of BO are you using? On what OS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I found what I was looking for, I stopped the job server and that seemed to stop things from being emailed out. I think another service would be the output repository. Between stopping those two services I was able to prevent the reports from getting emailed out.

I don't know how to find the version of Business Objects Enterprise that's on our server?

To create reports we use Crystal XI-R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Levi,

Instead of stopping the job server, I'd recommend disabling the Email (SMTP) in the Destination tab of the job server.

If you do what I mentioned on the job servers, no one will be able to email anything out. please do not stop the Output repository server as it will not allow you to access instances or put instances in Output FRS.

Hope this helps.

Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Levi,

To determine your version of BOE, check the versions of the servers in the CCM. If the versions are 11.0.x.x, you're on XI, if the versions are 11.5.x.x, you're on XI R2.

This information can also be obtained from the setting section of the CMC.

Also, if the Job Server is disabled, all scheduled jobs will fail. i.e. they will not pass to the Report Server. If the Output FRS is disabled, all jobs that create instances will fail. Also, (as Kashif mentioned) any action that requires retrieving an instance from the Output FRS will fail.

Thanks.

Srinivas