cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 7.0 Java part needed to connect to EP 7.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

With the customer that i work for we've installed a 'BI' 7.0 system without java, so ABAP only. this because they did not want to use any web feature. (only BeX)

Now they have second thoughts and they do want to use webfeatures...

They also have other systems that require java. Now we figured to install EP 7.0 since that will solve some other issues they have.

Is it possible to leave the BI ABAP system as it is (no java), and use the EP 7.0 for the BI-java part?

If yes, can i simply run the BI-template tool in the NWA on the EP side? or do i need other actions as well?

Do you know where i can find documentation on this? Sofar i only found docu for integrating BI abap+java and EP.

The reason why we want this is saving on machines. The customer want to run java stacks on separate machines in ACC and PRD, and if we can consolidate BI-java and Portal we need less hardware, and save on maintenance of these java stacks.

Pls give some advice on this.

thanks!

Björn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Björn,

I am for some reason not allowed to edit my previous post.

Take a look at SAP note 917950 as it describes the ABAP and JAVA dependencies very well as well as the system configuration.

Hope it helps.

BR

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan, it looks good.

I will read the notes.

björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Björn,

Yes, it is possible to use the EP for the JAVA. We have a system landscape exactly as you described.

I don't know much about the basis configuration, so I am sorry to say that I can not describe how it is set up in details.

I do however remember that I have read a couple of SAP notes about this. So if you search the SAP help you should be able to find some information.

Hope it helps.

BR

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this: