Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create T.Code for a query that looks like Report VF05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing a problem right now.. I made a Query with SQVI, then I converted it with SQ01.. It is a report that looks like VF05 but has the column EAN/UPC Code added on it.

Now I am trying to create a T.code to run this report, using SE93.

So, I called the T.Code ZVF05, and then I tried to Create it, but then I don't know what Start Object I should choose: I first choosed "Program and screen", I gave the field Program value "SAPMS38R" and Screen name "180" as seen in the my Query

, but when trying to test it, I receive the message: "Incorrect program type with Submit"

What would you suggest to make this TCode work?

PS. Please note that I am SD functional consultant, not a ABAPer...

Edited by: Cristiana Vasile on Oct 13, 2008 2:23 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SQ01, Menu-> Query->More Funcitons->Generate Program

Once done, Get the program name:

SQ01, Menu-> Query->More Funcitons->Display report name..

With this report name. goto SE93 and create a report transaction with the program name = Query program name obtained above and Screen no 1000.

Alternatively Goto SE38 and give the Query program name obtained above and then Execute

Regards

Shiva

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SQ01, Menu-> Query->More Funcitons->Generate Program

Once done, Get the program name:

SQ01, Menu-> Query->More Funcitons->Display report name..

With this report name. goto SE93 and create a report transaction with the program name = Query program name obtained above and Screen no 1000.

Alternatively Goto SE38 and give the Query program name obtained above and then Execute

Regards

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristiana

In SQ01 run the query and check the name of the report generated for your query or in SQ01 select the quey and go to:

Query->More Functions->Display report name;

so assign that report to your trx (Type Transaction for report: program and selection screen).

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx a lot!

Edited by: Cristiana Vasile on Oct 13, 2008 3:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I have runed the report with the name i wanted: (ZVF05).. Now, what I realised is that I don't really have a selection screen in order to run this report.. What have I been missing here??

Something in SQVI, or maybe in SE93??

I don't realy find the use of runing a report for all the existing data in SAP..a selection screen should be available..

I would apreciate your help..

Cristiana

Edited by: Cristiana Vasile on Oct 13, 2008 3:00 PM

0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry, but I can't understand: have you created a query without a selection-screen?

U should check your query by trx SQ01: see the section BASIC LIST, here u can find which fields are selected for output and/or for the selection-screen: probably any fields was set for selection-screen.

Perhaps something didn't work when you converted your quickquery (SQVI) to query (SQ01).

Max

0 Kudos

thanks, that was sooo easy )) I just found the selection fields in SQVI.. Nevermind