cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual Costing Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have ROH with standard price determination for 4 plants. Since 2002 there is no actual costing for these plants. can we consdier them for actual costing now?? If yes-----

How to handle the price variance happend in 2002 until last period. All reporting and everything completed for legal and management purposes

Any idea how to deal with this

Regards

Dinabandhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_werner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, when I understand right, material ledger was not activated in the 4 plants since 2002?

than you could activate it now, together with actual costing and do the productive startup.Following that the consumption of the raw materials will take their actual price in account for the future. Price differences from the past will of course not be taken into account, they will just stay whre they are.

More complicated would be the case if only the ROH materials were not sttled in material ledger although material ledger was active already for them. In that case give more details.

best regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, This is a regular feature in Clients where there is nobody to take ownership of Controlling period end activities. Consequently, there shall be no settlement. The Production orders have piled up and have to be closed. Same situation, I also faced. I have run several variance calculation and settlement in several jobs for weeks together in quality and production. The client made my life miserable. After all this, I came to know one good workaround by configuring the settlement parameter to 'can be settled' in the order type. So then there is no need for settlement and the old Production Orders can be closed without settlement. Pl try this and let me know. This is a very good lesson, I have got after toiling for weeks together and am sharing with the forum. Trust this helps much and do encourge our efforts! Cheers!