cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I create a PIR and while doing MRP the system checks the PIR date and does backward scheduling and proposes a Production Start date, if the start date is in the past the system takes the current date as the order start date and proposes a order finish date which is the standard behaviour.

My requirement is the Order finish date(PIR date) to be considered as the order start date and production has to be done.

Eg. XXX Material - 20nos, 20.10.08

while MRP system should consider the date 20.10.08 and give a finish date by considering inhouse production time.

Give me your views is there anyway to configure this.. I checked out in Scheduling parameters for Planned orders but its not working.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not possible in planned order but if you create a production order manually by entering Order start date, system will propose Order finish date.

For planned order system will do backward scheduling only eventhough if you select forward scheduling.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyother options....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

During Creation MRP run the system considers in-house production time and GR Processing time for creating planned orders?

E.g. PIR dated 30.10.08, GR Processing time 1day, In-house processing time 1day, we run MRP on 20th, the system backward schedules based on GR processing time and In-house production time and confirms the Available for planning date on 30.10.08

Is the above correct??? Is the GR processing time including during MRP for getting the available for planning date?

Please calify

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To find out basic dates this is the formula given below:

For Backward scheduling:

Opening period+ Inhouse prod time + GR processing time

For Forward scheduling:

Inhouse prod time + GR processing time

E.g. PIR dated 30.10.08, GR Processing time 1day, In-house processing time 1day, we run MRP on 20th, the system backward schedules based on GR processing time and In-house production time and confirms the Available for planning date on 30.10.08

Is the above correct???

Above scenario is correct.

Is the GR processing time including during MRP for getting the available for planning date?

Yes. GR processing time included in planning date.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You will have to use forward schedulling for your order.

Regards,

Anand.