cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message error "Define an assignment set in the runtime repository"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm creating a new component and when I'll assign the view created to be displayed in the screen the follow message appears "Define an assignment set in the runtime repository".

Best regards,

Caíque Escaler

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sure that when you Click on your view in component workbench, this message must be flashing up.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Now first thing is its not an error but an info message.

There is nothing wrong in your developments. It just the fact that just creating a view does not mean we can use it. To use it, you must assign it to either a Window or a View Set or an Overview page in Runtime repository and thats why system tell you that you must do the view assignment.

Go to the runtime repositoy and assign the view. Now whether it to be assigned to a viewset, overviewpage or window, depends upon your requirement. If your view is Assignement Block, you will attach it to an overviewpage . If its a separate edit/display view then you may attach it in existing viewset or Main Window.

You can also create an empty window and attach your view to it..Ultimately view assignment completely depends upon what you want the view to be used as.

Hope it solves your problem.

Regards,

Suchita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suchita,

I have a similar issue.Here is waht I am trying to do and Information message "Define and assigment set in the runtime repository" is shown.

1) I have enhanced the standard component IUICMDC with ZENHANCEMENTSET

2) I have created a overview page ZOverview page ZIUICMDC BSP application.

3) I have created a form view ZView in ZIUICMDC BSP application.

4) In the Runtime Repositoy I have created a viewset with ZOverview page.

5) I have created a viewarea for Overview page.

6) I have assigned ZView to the ViewArea of ZOverview page.

7) I have assigned ZOverview page to Window and now

😎 When I am trying to configure the ZOverview page to move ZView from Avaliable to Displayed views I cannot do it.

Information mesasge "Define and assigment set in the runtime repository" is shown and I cannot see ZVies in available views.

Appreciate if you can give me pointer.

Thanks and Regards,

Sama.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you give some more detailed steps to reproduce your issue ?

Thanks,

Vinay