cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart Workflow SWPR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Sometimes in SWPR Restart Workflow i find Errors in Workflow but when i select the workflow and click on the restart flag still the workflow is not Restarting and i find it in error status only.Mostly PO/PR release workflows. Please help me on this How to restart workflows.

Regards,

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to analyse the Wflow Log why it is going into error after Restart. Restarting Wflow instance does not mean that the error will be removed.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arghadip,

Thanks for your Reply.We had some problem with the release Strategy and so it was on error now we have rectified that problem but we still find that in Error why is it so ?.Will it not work for the new strategy. Hoe to restart the workflow after the Change of Release strategy.

Regards,

Hari

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a different thing. Restart doesn't re-trigger the WF. In your case, since the fix is related to restart of the WF, it won't help. Better do an alternative. Change the affected PR/PO so that it affects the release strategy and save. Again, go back to the value which you actually want it to be there.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Imthiaz,

Thanks for your reply.I will do as u said.Please guide me in which case i have to use SWPR workflow restart. In production system in what situation i will have to go for SWPR.

What are the other ways or administrating and monetering WF in production.

Regards,

Hari

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generally as I far I know in my limited knowledge, you restart a WF:

1. Some step during execution hanged or erred out due to unknown reason may be due to lack of authorization

2. Rule failure

3. Time gap

4. Missing data

Overall and simply to say to use this transaction where it is possible to continue from the exact point of failure without a new instance.

Regards, IA

Answers (0)