Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAS is not starting up

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When trying to start WAS 7.0 through MMC ,its not coming up.

The nodes are restarting again and again.Even the Jcontrol.exe is also in "starting the process".

Developer trace for Jcontrol is showing error

"JStartupICheckFrameworkPackage: can't find framework package J:\usr\sap\S01\JC00\exe\jvmx.jar".

Any ideas how to fix it?

Regards

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can ignore the error "JStartupICheckFrameworkPackage: can't find framework package J:\usr\sap\S01\JC00\exe\jvmx.jar".

If your nodes are restarting, check if your license. Nodes restart if license is expired.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

-Pankaj Kapote

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you let me know how can I check the licence?

Meanwhile ,nodes are continously restarting.

SDM is able to run .

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, tell me if your system comes up properly & then restarts? If the license is expired, system nodes restart every 30 min.

You can check the license by going to system information page "http://<hostname>:<posrt>/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo" while your system is running.

If your license is expired, apply for licesne key & apply with the help of Visual Administration. You will have to be quick to do so, before system node restarts again.

Regards,

-Pankaj Kapote

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

Actually the system is restarting before coming up porperly means ,as soon as nodes finish the start up ,they will restart again.

I couldn't find licence details in sys info page.Tell me more about this.

Regards

Ajay

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Did you find anything in the startup logs?

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi check ur WAS license. it may be expired. from how long its not working? just change the system time earlier and start the server . it will definetly work.

regards

murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

You said "server nodes restart before system comes up properly". If this is the case, how did you check "System info" page?

In that case, you should be able to connect to Visual Admin too, (obviously before server node goes down) again.

I hope, you are aware, how to install J2EE license with the help of Visual Admin?

In case, if some critical services are not comming up properly, system node strats but max. 4 times. you can check this with "jcmon pf=<Instance Profile>" command.

If this is the case, you can check the server start-up logs for the errors.

Inf your server node keeps restarting for ever, check you JVM configuration. May be some fine tuning of Memoty Parameters will help in fixing the problem.

It would be good, if you post, jcmon status. dev_jcontrol & std_server0.log. It will help us in understanding your problem better.

Regards,

-Pankaj Kapote

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the entire logs, the problem might be somewhere else.

Post the part of the logs from the last restart, of dev_dispatcher, dev_jcontrol, dev_bootstrap, dev_server0

Regards,

Debasis.