Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display an error message in maintenace view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have following requirement.

I have a table. In the table, there is a field named REPORT which keeps an executable report name. When adding an entry i need to fill the field with an report name, which should exist in the system. The report name should not be include objects.

Then I use search help HELP_TRDIR with import parameter SUBC = 1. I also create a maintenance view for the table.

Then my question is how to display a warning message if the report I input in REPORT field doesn't exist in the system. If I need to modify the generated objects of the maintenance view, how to do it.

The reason i don't use foreign key is that it seems filter functionality is not availabe in the case with import parameter SUBC = 1.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards, Johnney.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to add your validation in the table maintenance events:

Use the event : 01 - Before saving data to the databse table... for this purpose

1) Go to Menu-> Utilities->Table mainatenace generator

2) On the table maintenance screen->Menu->Enviroement-> Modifications->Events

3) select an event 01 and give some subroutine/form name.

4) Add your validation in the form(Note this form should be in the Func Group of the table maintanance genetaor)

Regarrds

Shiva

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to add your validation in the table maintenance events:

Use the event : 01 - Before saving data to the databse table... for this purpose

1) Go to Menu-> Utilities->Table mainatenace generator

2) On the table maintenance screen->Menu->Enviroement-> Modifications->Events

3) select an event 01 and give some subroutine/form name.

4) Add your validation in the form(Note this form should be in the Func Group of the table maintanance genetaor)

Regarrds

Shiva