cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 9 log-based CDC and question about Attunity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One of our customers is implementing CDC on Oracle 9 database and one of the biggest requirements is to capture changed data (CDC) through Oracle logs but not triggers due to performance concern.

I read thru the technical manual and release notes of DI but I am a bit confused on the support of Oracle CDC.

In the Technical manual, it mentions that DI support Synchronous CDC which relies on trigger for Oracle 9 or up and Asynchronous CDC which relies on Oracle logs for Oracle 10 or up.

In the release notes, it mentioned that

The Data Services log-based changed-data capture (CDC) works with the following database versions:

u2022 Oracle version 9.2 and above compatible versions for synchronous CDC and Oracle version 10G and above compatible version for asynchronous CDC

Does synchronous CDC mean trigger based CDC? and Does asynchronous CDC mean log-based CDC? or Both Synchronous and Asynchronous CDC are log-based?

At the end, does Data Integrator support Oracle 9 CDC with Oracle logs?

I realize that Attunity has a CDC solution which can make use of Oracle Redo log for Oracle 9 CDC and it supports Business Objects Data Integrator.

May I know if Data Integrator support Attunity for CDC? In supported platform document, it has Attunity on Mainframe connection only.

Thanks,

Bobby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

werner_daehn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oracle CDC package supports on Oracle 9 only trigger based mechanisms. It was originally planned to support hotlogs there as well but it never made it into the real product, only in 10g onwards Oracle supported that. As Data Integrator is using the Oracle CDC package we are stuck with trigger based mechanisms on Oracle 9 as well.

In DI 12.1 (=DS 3.1) we rewrote the Attuntity connector and do support CDC there as well.

Answers (0)