Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSO-AE 6.0

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I have installed Authoring Tool to my PC.

I need ur ideas how to create Learning Objects and learning nets and how to connect it to Master Repository.

It would be a great help if any one guide me on this .

Lookinf forward to hear from you all.

Points would be awarded.

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

I can give you some hints just so that you can understand how a course material can be put it into the repository. Please note that this is just a sample way of doing it.

Ideally an instructional designer will know more about creating the course material.

First,Create a folder in your local pc where you can store your objects(Eg : LocalRepository600)

Its better if you login to the AE asa subject matter expert.Otherwise you can change the role once you are in AE. Under Tools->adjust

Prepare a sample document in MS word.You can also try this with HTML pages.

Create a sample learning Net(Eg : LNet1).If it is asking for a storage folder,specify teh folder created above.

Once Learning Net is created, you can see it on the screen.Right clcik on the net & create a learning object(Eg: Lobj1)

Once both are created,you can see a tree kind of hieracrchy.Righclick on the object & create Instruction elements

Specify a sample knowledge type & mediatype & specify the sample document you have created.

After creating all the 3,you can select the learning net & see if the sample document is opened in the content player. Execute the content player.

Specify the path for the repository in the IMG. Specify the same path in the AE.On clicking repository explorer.You should be able to see your Learning net in your local repository.

Check that the objects are fine in the local & then transfer it to the master repository. You cannot see this content in R/3 unless you have released & published the objects.

In r/3 when you are creating a WBT, you can select the Learning net you have craeted & use it subsequently as course material for your course.

Regards,

Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar!

The alternative and the most widely used approach is to develop your content outside AE. The content has to be SCORM or AICC compliant. once you have the content you could have it imported in to AE using the import re-usable media object option. After the import the course gets converted as a learning net.

Further, you could get more information about creating learning nets in the AE in the following link . I personally do not like creating learning nets in AE. It is an overhead and requires a lot of collaboration if you are planning to have rich interactive content based courses developed. However, I like the Test Author available in AE which is really useful and easy to use.

follow the link for more information on creating leaning net.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/e6/c9e81df5ed11d5997000508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ravi Sekhar

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

Thanks a lot for ur response. I have created local repository and stored the learning nets even i have created the learning net online through giving Sys Num and IP address of R/3.

Problem is iam unable to connect to Master Repository as i do not have the URL of that at present.

Could you please tel me where can i get the Learning net ID in the AE ,which can be used to store that id in Course Type Content Infotype .

Thanks and regards

Kumar

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks a lot for ur input on AE Tool.

As u said i also faced many problems while creating the Learning nets ,even i could not understand the User Role like how it could be helpful to the Author from the client side.

If the client is going for external vendors for course content then it is easy to import ,if the client wants to develop the Course Content internally then how to go ?

I got some idea how to create learning nets and play the course online with out releasing it to Master repository .

Could you please give me some more inputs on this.

Thanks and regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could see the ids of the published learning net through R/3. There is an infotype for course type content. Through this infotype you could see all published learning nets.

Regards,

Ravi Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Personally i do not have any problems creating learning nets in AE. I meant it is much easier and structured to create SCORM courses and then import it into SAP AE.

if the client decides the content internally then also it must be SCORM/AICC compliant. After that you could have them imported into SAP AE.

The CMS would be configured by the BASIS guys and provide you the url. once you have the url you have to specify the cms address in couple of the SPRO elements. After that you would be able to publish contents.

Let me know if that was helpful. feel free to let me know if you require any further information.

Regards,

Ravi Sekhar

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Could you please let me know how to create SCORM/AICC compliant Courses.

We have many courses from the client side ,how to make it SCORM/AICC compliant,is it possible to use Share Point to store courses instead of CMS.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks and Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know what type of course packages are these. you could talk to the client and find out .

CMS can be any server which webDAV 2.0 compliant. if sharepoint is compliant then it could be used as the CMS

Regards,

Ravi Sekhar

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks for the response. I will check it out from the client.

Regards

Kumar

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Hope ur doing good.

I tried to import one file in Repository explorer ,is thist the place where we have to import files,please through some light on this.

While importing i got an option of Import course as SCORM or Group of Simple Objects or Learning net etc,can i select SCORM or any steps to do to convert it as SCORM

,pls give me ur ideas on this.

I have checked WebDAV links in sap help ,how to make Share point as WebDAV compliant ?

Please share ur ideas on this areas

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar!

Apologies for the delay in response. I have been busy with my project. Was the issue solved or you are still stuck ?

Regards,

Ravi Sekhar

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the replay.I

My issue is not yet solved iam waiting for the CMS Address from the Basis side.

Could you please tell me the functionalities required for a complete AE testing,like CMS address ,EP user ID or Learning Portal User ids etc.

Hope i could get some inputs from you in the process.

Really thanks a lot.

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar!

Following are the logistics for you to be able to test fully functional AE

1. Authoring Environment

2. Repository Explorer

3. a R/3 Login ID

4. CMS URL

5. CMS login User ID

6. Portal User Id with Learner role

7. Fully fucntional Content Player

You would typically perform the following steps.

1. Create/import courses in AE.

2. Configure all the R/3 nodes where CMS address is required. (once you have the CMS address)

3. Congigure the Content Player (BASIS Consultant should perform this task)

4. Launch the Repository Explorer and connect to the CMS

5. Once connected you would be able to publish content.

6. After publishing the content log in to R/3 .. select the Course Type to which you want to add the content. goto Course Content Type (i.e. IT 5006) and select the published content. This step attaches the published content to the r/3 Course Type data.

7. After that login to Portal and search the course, enroll in to it and lauch it. In fact you could ignore this step as it would basically test the course launch and does not really test the AE publishing.

Hope this is useful. Please let me know if your require any further information regarding this.

Regards,

Ravi Sekhar

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravishekar,

Thanks for the support you are giving .

I will check it and come back to you.

Regards

Kuamar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Ravi.. what you said abt the uploading of external SCORM courses into AE is correct. But i am not successful in uploading that.. Could you please throw more light on it?

See i have zip file file of a course created in another external Authoring Tool. the course in SCORM compliant(imsmanifest.xml file exists with it) . As you said, even i tried importing it as a reusable media file, but when i select it as a scorm compliant course while uploading, it gives me following error:

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Fatal Error: URI=file:E:/LSO/LSO Repository/default/_admin/tmp2/course/imsmanifest.xml Line=1: Document root element is missing.

Could you help me with this?

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sweta!

There is a problem in the manifest xml file. Check if all the nodes are closed properly. Also ensure the first line in the xml file is not comment statement or anything other than the root node of manifest. Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Ravi Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi..

It still gives d same error..

could you please tell me the exact steps to do it?

Importing the course as a reusable media object.. this is the correct way...right?

It automatically selects the imsmanifest.xml file..in the Step: Convert... but then gives me the same error..

Please help!

Regards,

Shweta

Edited by: Shweta Thakkar on Dec 30, 2008 9:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

will it be possible for you to forward me the manifest or the complete scorm package ? if yes then forward it to my id sekhar dot ravi at g m a i l .

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

Wish you a Happy and Prosperous New Year -2009.

Regards

Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

As Ravi says without the Content Management Server being configured, you cannot store your Learning nets(internal or external) in the master repository.

If you cannot store it then you can't publish neither can you use it as course content while creating WBT.

Please ask you BASIS/Netweaver people to configure it

Regards,

Sowmya

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi and Swomya,

Really iam very happy about the support ur giving to me,thanks a lot for that.

Let me check abt the Master repository address,wil come back to you with new issues.

Thanks and Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could start off with referring to the application help of AE. Additionally you require a knowledge of e-learning standards (i.e. SCORM and AICC). you could gain knowledge about these by searching the web. For SCORM you could get information from http://www.adlnet.gov/.

Regards,

Ravi Sekhar

former_member206624
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks for the response. Iam trying all the possible ways to work on AE.

Hope i could get inputs from our experts.

Thx and regards

Kumar