cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual cost split

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a requirement from my client for cost component split in actual costing. I explain the requirement.

Say i manufacture a Finished good A.

The BOM

structure is as folllows:

Finished Good- A

-

SFG-B + Routing operations to manufacture A

-

SFG-C + Routing Operations to manufacture B

-

RM - D

RM - E

Routing Operation- Lab, machine, power, setup etc.

When i see my actual cost report for Material A- standard SAP displays consumption cost element of SFG B + routing operations.

The requirement is - SAP should show the Consumption of RMs D & E instead of consumption cost element of B and C. Because thier logic is- finished good A is made up of RMs D & E and routing operations. The BOM structure has come in- because they are stocking the SFG B,C intermedairy production period.

Is there a good way of representing the final FG cost in terms of RMs + routings at all stages of production without resorting to ABAP code.

I feel this is very common requirement in South Asian manufacturing industry.

Thanks in advance

Regards

V.Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that your requirement is for a cost component split for actual cost as it is available for standard cost.

Currently you may be viewing the actual cost from the production order / product cost collector.

If you need the actual cost with multi-lvel settlement / actual cost component split with standard SAP you may have to activate actual costing function with Material Ledger in SAP

Thanks & Regards,

Varadharajan