cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles in CRM for utility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new with IS-U functionality in CRM. What is the difference between UTIL_IC and UTIL_IC_LEAN.

I recognize that when i log on with UTIL_IC, it gives me some search result as BP. But when i log on with UTIL_IC_LEAN, system cann' t find any BP as a search result.

Thanks in advance.

Sadi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

For Utilities in CRM 2007 there are 2 different call center profiles or scenarios:

UTIL_IC_LEAN:

This profile is used within the so called lean scenario. The scenario is based on a CRM2007 connected with an IS-U/CCS-ERP system. The prerequisite of this scenario is a master data replication for the business partner and the contract account/business agreement between CRM and ERP. Most of the Utilities-specific applications within this scenario persist their data in ERP. The identification of a business partner for example is based on a query in ERP to allow searching with ERP-based-search criteria. This might be the reason why you do not find all business partners within this business role because the business partners have not been replicated successfully to the ERP-system.

UTIL_IC:

The business role UTIL_IC is used for the full scenario. This means in addition to the UTIL_IC_LEAN-scenario that technical master data like the premises or point of delivery has to be replicated between CRM and ERP. The main focus within this scenario is on contract and quotation management. The customer contracts will be created directly in CRM. After entering all necessary data by the call center agent the customer contract/quotation will be persisted in CRM. If necessary the market communication in deregulated markets will be triggered and the contract will be on hold while this process is running. After completing all necessary steps the contract will be replicated via CRM middleware to ERP. So this scenario contains the full customer view with all objects needed for contract management. All processes from the UTIL_IC_LEAN-scenario are also available within UTIL_IC - except the move-in-out-application that is replaced by the full contract management application.

In addition to these two call center business roles the sales specific business role UTIL_SALES is also available. The scenario is targetting to the Key Account Management (KAM) representative and supports the sales process for commercial and industrial customers (C&I).

Kind regards,

Christian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing a same problam ... can any one help !!!

S Kumar