cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with special characters using filedownload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm using the UI file-download element to download internal data from a web dynpro application (unicode ERP system)

using the following method:

lr_conv_out = cl_abap_conv_out_ce=>create( encoding = 'UTF-8' ).

lr_conv_out->convert(

exporting

data = lv_content

importing

buffer = lr_fh_node-content ).

node->bind_structure( lr_fh_node ).

(Nearly) everything works fine. The browser opens excel and displays content of string parameter lv_content.

But I have some problems with special charcters like german 'öäü' or other characters for example russian letters.

In the excel file there are shown like this:

almacén de cartón

cosÏu2020

1800000 âu201A¬)

Any ideas?

Thanks in adv.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

special chareters data file not proper download to excel sheet as Excel sheet does,t support some of special chareters.

for better reference you can checl Microsoft Product information where u are able to view why it's not support to covert special charaters to downlaod.

Regards

Ricky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky!

Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't think that this in an excel problem.

For example: use in transaction se16n the standard download functionality and everthing works fine.

It seems to be an conversion or encoding problem.

If I change enconding 'UTF-8' with encoding '6114' for example I get the german letters 'äöü' correctly

but of course this does not work für russian letters.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

Did you fixed that problem ?. I am facing like some special character. example for the text " Officer – CIS" its displaying Officer – CIS and for (") also displaying the same. do u have any idea?

Thanks & Regards,

Hemachandran.R