cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reduce client copt time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to do remote client copy from Production server to Quality server. It will take 40 hours to complete. I am not able to take that much downtime of production server. I don't want to do online client copy because of data inconsistence.

Can you tell me the client copy way by which i can reduce the downtime without data inconsistence..

Regards,

Nisit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Exclude table ADR2 from the client copy by putting it into Exception table using RSCCEXPT.

And manually export/import this table. It will be faster.

Parallel processing...

Please refer this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/e8/df959834ac11d586f90000e82013e8/frameset.htm

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Der R.Brahmankar

How can we manually export/import selected table from one client to another client with all data?

Regards,

Nisit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a transport request in T-code se01 then include the table name in that request.

First create a request in transports field selecting Transport of copies then select the transport request and include the table in the object field by selecting TABL or TABU as object and import in the target client.

Rgds,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By this way can we able to transport table with data?

How can we transport/Import request from PRD to QAS?

Regards,

Nisit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I think this is the time you need to move on with restoring from backup rather from client copy, since client copy activity is taking around 40 hrs even you put certain tables under exception that will not reduce your client copy activity hours greatly, may be you can get max of 10hrs reduced. You need to analyse the high data tables and indexes which occupied in top list and act accordingly.

You did not mention the amount of client specific data in other client of QA and number of users accessing it.

If the amount of data in your other client of QA was not that high you can export that client and later import once you complete the recovery of PROD. This was standard process most of them follow with high Production data.

Cleint copy is said to be ok upto certain point say 25GB of data anything above that it was suggested to go with recovery model.

Regards......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently in Quality server 3 client 650, 670, 690 are there and Instance name is ZEQ. In production server one client 700 is there and Instance name is ZEP. Now if i restore backup of Production server then my Quality instance name will change? same client 700 will create in Quality server? But i din't want to change Instance name and client number.

Regards,

Nisit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing to note Instance name will not be changed, after recovery you need to perform some post recovery steps. Secondly wether you do client copy or recovery, the key client number in QA should be same as in Prod client, in your case it should be 700, by maintaining this way you have the option to choose SAP_Reco profile where you get all the data including change documents(which was not possible in other methods of cleint copy).

Since you do not want to follow recovery model you can go ahead with client copy and better option would be client export and import, once you export your data from production you can bring back the prod to active and later you can do the import at your convenient time.

You can do the huge table export at different time but that does not make sense since you need to take prod to offline during the time huge table export again and if the time gap was high there is chance of data inconsistencies since the cleint copy of other tables taken at one time and prod gone online and later time you want to take the export of huge table and import obviously there is chance of data mismatch in this case and you are unable to get the exact repilca of your PROD.....

/\/\/\/\

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can take offline backup and restre the same in your QAC server and your time and network load will be save.

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anil,

In my Quality server other client are also there. I don't want to remove that other client, and want to perform client copy. If i restore back then rest clietn will remove.

Regards,

Nisit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use export data form prd server and import data in QAC.

This is the same way in local client copy. But in this case you will copy in media.

Regards,

Anil