cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Init with data transfer ignores the selection criteria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I replicated a datasource as a 7.0. The source is an export datasource from a DSO (source system is a second BW). We restricted the data of an infopackage under the tab "data selection" - i.e. restriction on 0compcode. If I now run the infopackage with 'init with data transfer' the selections will be ignored. The system updates the entire data. I created another Infopackage (full update) with the same data selection like the delta one. If I start a full update everything is fine - I mean the system populates the correct, restricted data.

I created new infopackages and/ or changed the restriction but this didn't solve my problem.

I also can feed the range table of the data selection with an ABAP. The full update works but the init with data transfer doesn't.

Any ideas?

Regards, Dennis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems to be a normal of BW data loading! The Delta Queue is in an external DSO (ie changelog table of the DSO). You can not set any value in the selection screen for the init package. BW will read the content of the external DSO based on the data loading of this DSO. The Delta is provided based on the request ids.

So you have to load its entire content to your PSA. However, between your PSA and your target, you can create a DTP, with filters. This is where you will input the restrictions that you wanted to do in the infopackage.

Regards

Laurent

Answers (0)