cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to RFC.request and RFC.response to JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the need of create this scenario: JDBC will pick some records from DB and send them to SAP into a RFC.request, after that, SAP will generate a response that will be sent to XI (via the RFC. response), these data has to be sent back to the DB.

So I am clear in the first part: JDBC sender and sRFC receiver, so that, the response will be sent back to XI, BUT, is there a way to map these response data into a DT_Receiver_JDBC without using BPM???? If so, how?

And, what about the initial loads of data??? Customer wants this kind of scenario to be used then. What do you think about that?

I know XI is not the best approach for this purpose but... And i think i would have to take into account the response time of SAP in synchronous RFC...

Hope you guys may help me on this.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

You need to use Synchronous Message interface for JDBC. Without using BPM you can make use of RequestResponseBean

This work fine in JDBC, FILE, WS to RFC scenario's for XI 3.0 SP19 & PI 7.0 SP10

Follow this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/file-rfc-file for screenshots

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is there a way to map these response data into a DT_Receiver_JDBC without using BPM?

No. U will have to use BPM.

I have not used it personally with JDBC adapter but u may try this to avoid BPM. Hope it works

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/20c210c20a0732e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

I know XI is not the best approach for this purpose but... And i think i would have to take into account the response time of SAP in synchronous RFC...

For sync scenario, the response time should always be considered. However, using XI won't be that much of pain. It will surely relieve you when it comes to monitoring.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi just go throghu the below link..and lets try..I hope this work for JDBC also...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/file-rfc-file(Without%2bBPM)

regards

Ramesh Varanganti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case you have to go for BPM. As JDBC sender cannot be Synch.

Thanks

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Farooq,

I know this, i do not want to have a synchronous sender CC.

I want the response that comes with the RFC.response, to be sent to DB via receiver JDBC adapter.

Something like: Sender_JDBC_CC -> XI <-> Receiver_sRFC_CC and after that Receiver_JDBC_CC

Is this possible without BPM???

Best regards,

david

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO.

thanks

farooq

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your BAPI can take multiple records as input then this scenario is possible without BPM.

But I doubt if a BAPI can take multiple records as input?

Can any one give inputs on BAPI, if it can take multiple records as input.

Thanks,

Gujjeti.