cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between VK11 and VK31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody explain me what is the difference between VK11 and vk31. We are able to prepare Condition records in both the Transactions codes. Please explain me the difference.

Thanks

Hemanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

They are the same really. VK31 came with a later SAP release and some people say it is easier to use than VK11. In the end they are both used for condition records.

VK11 is to maintain a single condition record and VK 31 is to maintain a group of condition records according to the situations. In VK11 u can update for particuler condition record.

where as in VK31 u can do the Mass changes.

The bottom line difference between VK11 and VK31 is that VK31, VK32 ONLY work for standard SAP delivered Condition Types (ex. PR00). If you create any customer specific Condition Type codes (ex. ZXXX)you can only create / maintain Condition Records for them using VK11, VK12.

BOTH transactions allow mass entry and changes.

Award if useful to you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe the main difference is VK31 is used for SAP standard conditions and VK11 for both standard and Z condition types.

VK11 is used for maintaining individual condition records, but VK31 can be used for mass maintenance.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since release 4.6A, condition maintenance has been provided with a new maintenance interface, namely VK31/VK32. This allows for mass maintenance of conditions based on characteristics (e.g. for the customers), meaning that the condition records can now be maintained across all condition types and condition tables. Using this you will be able to display and maintain the material prices as well as the discounts and surcharges for a customer in one step.

Sam