Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM:CHANGEDOCUMENT_READ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the FM CHANGEDOCUMENT_READ to get the changes made to the customers on a particular date.

However when I enter a specific date in the FM, I am getting some records which have not been changed on that particular date. For e.g when I enter Date_Of_Change as 01.01.2008, there are some records which are being displayed with UDATE as 18.01.2008.

This also happens when I try to run the FM in test mode.I have kept the DATE_UNTIL and TIME_UNTIL field as blanks.

Please help me to understand why the FM is returning eveb those records which do not have their change date as the date in the importing parameter.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep,

Because the DATE_UNTIL have default value of '99991231'

Hope you get the point

Cheers,

Kothand

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not entered any values in the DATE_UNTIL and TIME_UNTIL field.They are already blank.

I have already mentioned it in my query.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

0 Kudos

Hi buddy,

Have you opened the function module in SE37 and checked the default value of DATE_UNTIL in Import parameter. In

my system that parameter contains a default value of '99991231'.

I am using 4.7. which version of SAP is that?

Cheers,

Kothand

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's what i mentioned.

If you do not enter anything it will take system-date ( for example : todays date if you are executing today) as the UNTIL_DATE.

So better enter the same date what you have entered in the date_from field.

Regards,

Sandeep

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have cleared the default value.....it is "BLANK".

Hope u understand now.I am using ECC 5.0

Thanks,

Sandeep.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem Solved.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Well. Good to know its solved. I understood now.

But Sandeep kumar wrote

If you do not enter anything it will take system-date ( for example : todays date if you are executing today) as the UNTIL_DATE.

This is not correct. If you clear the default value then the include program LSCD2F01 will make it again to '99991231' using this piece of code

* date_until (up to date)
  IF date_until IS INITIAL OR date_until = space.
    date_until = '99991231'.
  ENDIF.

Have you got it?

Cheers,

Kothand

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

What i meant by system date is :

As you may be aware that NO document can be changed in a future date.

So if you leave the DATE_UBTIL field blank then at the max it will fetch documents till system-date .

Hope this clears themisunderstanding

Thanks and regards,

Sandeep

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

The importing parameter 'DATE_UNTIL' is to specify the date upto which you want to search teh documents .

If this field is blank then the system searches all the documents till system-date.

So if you want documents only for one particular date , specify the same here as well.

Regards,

Sandeep