cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset purchase procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In asset purchase is maintaining Material master compulsory ?

If yes which material type we will maintain .This material is excisable .Kindly give the complete procedure for asset purchase .

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no not nesessary.

if u want then use UNBW material type (means non valuated material types) as referance to copy.

regards,

sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

for asset procurement with material code and without material master record creation of PO can be done only you should have an asset number for the same during creation of Po in ME21N with acc assg category A you can achive the same.

You can create an material type from an existing one in OMS2 and name it as per your logic goes say ZAST, dont check the quantity update indicator there..

then create material master for the same in MM01

There after create the asset number AS01

Then PO ME21N with acc assg cat "A"

Regards

Sujoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abijit,

It is not madatory to maintain MMR for Asset material. But if you are procuring it regularly then it can be maintained with material type NLAG (non - valuated material)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If Asset is excisable where I will capture the excise ?

I think asset is nothing but capital goods .So capital goods we use to avail 50 % credit this year and 50% next year .If we wil not maintain how we will maintain all these excise related stuff .

Regards

Abhijit Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to capture the Excise for these Assets/Capital goods, then you need a Material master with Customized Material type as Capital goods with a copy of NLAG(non stock materials).

Maintain all the excise details for these Assets materials in J1ID.

Then you need to create the Account assigned PO with "A" as Account assignment category.

Capture the excise in J1iex/MIGO .

In J2I8 Post the 50% credit balance to next year

rgds

gsc