cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guided procedures - Sending request between actions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We are using GP workflow for a particular scenario in which we have a situation where the control needs to go back and forth between two actions which are under a single block.

For example,

Action 1 - First Action

Action 2 - Second Action

Both these actions are within the same block. We need to know is there a way where from Action 1 goes to Action 2 and then coming again back to Action 1 from Action 2. This process should be of indefinite times until the Action 2 says it is complete.

Regards,

Ponraj M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i think it is possible

in the you can set one result state in each of the action and can set the destination as you want

if u r using webdynpro callable object this is very easy.

with regards

shanto aloor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanto aloor,

Thanks for the reply. We are actually using webdynpro callable objects. Can you please tell me how this can be achieved. Is there any links from where I can get more information on this.

Regards,

Ponraj M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ponraj,

The Callable Object you have attached to each of the Action must be having some result states..

Since you are using Web Dynpro Callable Object you can define the Result States in the Interface of the Callable Object.

Lets say in the Web Dynpro Callable Object you have two Resutl States :

Completed

Not Completed

Every time the control goes to Action2 you check if the execution is Not Completed in which case you set the target of the Result State Not Completed to Action1 in the Design time. This will ensure that the control goes from Action 2 to Action1 as long as the Result State is Not Completed.

Now if the Result State in Action 2 is Completed you can proceed with your GP Workflow.

Similarly in the Result State of the Callable Object attached to Action1 you set the target to Action2.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep,

Thanks for the detailed reply. Could you please eloborate where exactly during design time i need to specify if the action is Not completed return back to Action 1. Is there any links or any sample examples from where i can get more information.

Regards,

Ponraj M