cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long-running BSP : Page timed out and should be reloaded.

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm a SAP Basis Administrator, so I have a poor knowledge of BSP technologies.

I have been asked by the developement team to deal with a Z* BSP timeout issue.

SAP release : 4.7 (6.20)

We have been provided a detailled scenario by the developemnt team :

The BSP is not launched from the portal, rather the ICM htpp port is directly called by the BSP.

We do not use the sap web dispatcher.

We have previously already increased the ICM htpp timeout to correct the "500 connection Timed outu2019

On the initial screen of the BSP , we have to fill in several cells (250) then save the input.

Afterwards, the BSP is running during a while (variable length), the user finally receives a blank screen and the timesheet does not respond ,the following error mesage occurs on IE :

Page timed out and should be reloaded.

However, on sap side, the user is still connected (SM04), and the work process is still running(sm66)

Once the work process has finished its task, we can check that the BSP has correctly updated

SAP tables.

The timeout origin is not easy to identify, since it can occur after 3minutes, 4minutes, 8 minutes

I 've tried to significantly increase keepalive value, rdisp/plugin_auto_logout value ... but it didn't help.

Any help to identify this timeout would be highy appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RAOUL

First of all , is it ok of the update occurs several times , for eg updation of custom preferences or creation of documents,

If its the creation of documents , so u dont want multiple updates.

Now by increasing the timeout parameter , u have just increased the time before which a timeout page is displayed , but the process (if started ) will still go on in the background,

There is also a processing timeout which is http port specfic,

You can set this value in youe profile by the below.

icm/server_port_0

PROT=HTTPS, PORT=8001, TIMEOUT=45, PROCTIMEOUT=45,

The parameter PROCTIMEOUT is the processing timeout , i.e. after 45 secs , the ABAP process will be terminated and the timeout will be shown.

So u dont have to worry abt orphan processes ,

But this will apply all apps listenign on port "server_port_0",

To be more specfic , u can code the app not to commit if the timeout has been exceeded.

Cheers

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raoul,

Try increasing the timeout parameter "rdisp/j2ee_timeout"... hope this would reslove your issue.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/9a/b9b09d57aba54ca6d010b82b9119e4/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/9a/b9b09d57aba54ca6d010b82b9119e4/content.htm]

Appreciate if it useful...

Regards,

Anita B.

Edited by: Anita Vizhi Arasi on Oct 13, 2008 1:25 PM

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer Anita.

But I forgot to mention that we're only using ABAP stack.