cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disagregation in APO DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

In the disagregation type Based on another key figure (or) Pro Rata if intial based on another key figure, Generally we give APODPDANT in the another keyfigure. Proporational factors are calculated based on History or forecast and stored in the system generated keyfigure APODPDANT.Based on APODPDANT system disaggregates.

1)What if we take Key figure History keyfigure or Forecast keyfigure in the planning area instead of APODPDANT in planning area disagregation Tab?

Wat would be the impact of the disagregation?

2)What is the exact difference between Based on another key figure and Pro Rata if intial based on another keyfigure?

I did not find solution in the SAP HELP for above two questions.

Please throw light for the above mentioned questions.

With regards

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay

Thanks for your immediate response.

So if we take any keyfigure instead of APODPDANT ,system calculates the Proportional factors based on the Macro.

Can you forward me the logic of calculating proportional factors

I have tried by taking History Keyfigure instead of APODPDANT for Based on another Keyfigure dissagregation type , as of now i did not have any macro to calculate the proportional factors.But my forecast values is changed.

So my query is ,if we does not have macro to run proportional factors then how would be the dissagregation takes place .(In what way system calculates the disagreegation)

with regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai.

The advantage of using APODPDANT is that the standard calculation tool can be used to generate the prop. factors. Historical disaggregation often follows a different basis that disaggregation for the forecast. The calculation tool allows you to do this and store the result in the single APODPDANT key figure.

-

Example common approach:

Calculation of APODPDANT is broken into 2 horizons: History and Future.

For calculation of history APODPDANT, the bucket by bucket (detail) method is used with the actuals key figure as the reference. This is especially important if you use a history adjustment key figure at an aggregate level as any change should disaggregate in the same proportions as the actuals (or you could end up with undesirable negatives in the adjusted history)

For calculation of future APODPDANT, the average method is used with the adjusted history as the reference. This is so the forecast disaggregates according to the historical average inclusive of inteligence.

As time rolls the buckets forward, the job that calculates APODPDANT must be scheduled so that the new bucket that is now in history switches from average to bucket by bucket.

Depending on your detail requirements you may need to schedule the job more often.

Hope this helps, M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

APODPDANT Key figure is specially made for disaggregation purpose. See if you go to transaction /n/sapapo/mc8v, you will find the default key figure is APODPDANT.

But if you select caluclation type is P or I, then it is not mandotary to enter disaggregation key figure is APODPDANT. You can choose different key figure. This key figure may calculated by macro also. I mean you can use any key figure for disaggreation purpose.

If you choose P as calculation type, then system disaggregate based up on disaggregation key figure proportion at detailed level.

e.g. If i have key fig. X & Y. I have assign calculation type P for X key figure & choose Y as disaggregation purpose.

Y

if you put 50 value at aggregated level of X key figure then detailed value

X

The above example for P calculation Type. & if you choose calculation Type as I. Then system disaggregate key figure same as above but initially it will work as Pro-Rata i.e. equal Proportion.

Hope it will help you.

Regards

Sujay