cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion needed on creating report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morning all,

I have been asked to create a report which would categorize each lens type according to month. However each lens type would show number of orders according to number of days.

For example

Number of days
                               0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 -6 - 7 - 8 - 9+

January
    FSV                  12 - 14 -12 - 45 - 65 ....
    FSV-GL
    RXHC
    RXHC-GL
    RX AR Uncut
    RX AR-GL
Feburary
    FSV
    FSV-GL
    RXHC
    RXHC-GL
    RX AR Uncut
    RX AR-GL
March

Where

January, feburary are months taken from the dates table, FSV, FSV-GL etc are lens type and 12, 14, 12, 45, 65 are number of orders took for FSV and 0,1,2,3,4... are number of days each order has taken to be shipped.

Now What I have had a thought in mind is to create a report with First Group being Month, then group each Lens type however not sure how to fit each day and order according to lenstype in that particular month.

Any ideas how should I create this type of report?

Regards

Jehanzeb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm... do your have the ability (permissions) to create a view in the source database to help simplify this? Or even use a SQL command for the datasource of the report? (Actually, what is you underlying datasource?)

Otherwise I think you may end up with having to create a lot of formulas to init/add to/display variables for each of the 1 - 9+ shipping days columns.

If going for the latter, yes, group on month/lens type, and in the group header for the lens type have a formula that initializes 9 variables:

whileprintingrecords;
numbervar s0:=0; --counter for zero shipping days
numbervar s1:=0; --counter for 1 shipping day
numbervar s2:=0; --counter for 2 shipping days
numbervar s9:=0; --counter for >=9 shipping days

Then, in the (suppressed) details section; have something that analyzes how days where needed for shipping, and inrcement that appropraite variable:

whileprintingrecords;
numbervar shippingdays:= <some logic or field>;
if shippingdays = 0 then numbervar s0:=s0+1 
else
if shippingdays = 1 then numbervar s1:=s1+1 
else
if shippingdays>=9 then numbervar s9:=s9+1

Finally, in the group footer, create & place ten different formulas, each to display the value in s1 to s9.

whileprintingrecords;
numbervar s0;

whileprintingrecords;
numbervar s1;

That should probably do you...