Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cost center data distribution through change pointers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I need to distribute cost center data through change pointers

Can anyone please tell me the steps i need to follow

please dont give links, but would be helpful if some1 can tell me step by step

and how to do testing, ie which tables i need to check to see whether my change pointers are working or not.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Manu

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

you have to use IDocType COSMAS*

Goto WE30: COSMAS*

WE60: IDoc Documentation

Goto BD52 and check relevant changepointer-Fields for your IDocType COSMAS

Goto BD64 and maintain your MEssageType COSMAS to your distribution MOdell.

GOTO BD21 and process Changepointer for COSMAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the following steps.

• Check if Change pointer is active Globally via BD61

• Check if change pointer is active for COSMAS via BD50

• Maintain required field entries for which you need the change pointer to be triggered vai BD52.

• Maintain distribution model for Source and Traget System for message type COSMAS in source system

• Maintain partner profile via WE20.

• Then run transaction BD21 to trigger change pointer idocs.

Hope it helps.

Regds,

Rudra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- Make sure that the necessary ALE configurations are in place for the message type COSMAS.

- To activate change pointers, use transactions BD50(Activate change pointers for message type), BD61(Activate change poiners generally), make the change to the cost center and execute transaction BD21(program RBDMIDOC) or alternatively release a background job for the same.

- To do the testing, you could check with the tables BDCP and BDCPS. An entry is created in these tables for every change made to a document enabled for change pointers. In case there is no entry in these tables, check with transaction SCDO to verify if the change document oblect exists for the object.

~ Bineah.