cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stock to be consider while MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear PP Gurus,

i have created plant as subcontractor(vendor) and transfer material from plant to vendor stock.

Now i am running MRP, while running MRP it is not considering the stock available at vendor, i want system to consider the stock available at vendor.

please guide

thanks in advance

Kailash N. Thakkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Note:- Special stocks are not considered for MRP run. Subcontracting stock is a special stock(O), hence is not considered for MRP.

In subcontracting, the vendor is provided with materials (components), which he uses to produce the finished product.

From the point of view of materials planning, subcontracting is initiated by the special procurement key Subcontracting. The special procurement key is allocated to the finished product or the assembly in the material master (MRP 2 view) (see also Procurement Type and Special Procurement Type).

In order to plan specific material requirements for each individual subcontractor, you can use MRP areas. You can thereby create an individual MRP area for every subcontractor (see Planning for Components to be Provided in Subcontracting).

You can find further information on subcontracting in the SAP document MM -- Inventory Management under Subcontracting.

It is possible if you run MRP for vendor in MDW1 by activating MRP Area for vendor sucontrcting..

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Edited by: R Brahmankar on Oct 13, 2008 5:35 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ShekharDamale
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

As u r doing 541 movt then material will be valuated under your own plant inventory but under vendor name

also following path for net reqt. calculation check.

In SPRO > Production > MRP > Planning > MRP calculation > Stock > Define availability Stock maintain stock calculations.

Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You must have maintained storage location for vendor. So if you want to consider that storage location stock then please check the following setting for MRP netting.

Production----Material requirement planning--planning--direct production----define storage location MRP per plant.

Please let us know if usefull.

Regards,

Anand.

ShekharDamale
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which Movment type u r using for stock transfer plant to vendor. Please explain so i can suggest something.

Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am using 541 movement type for stock transfer.

thanks

Kailash N. thakkar