cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Reconciliation Statement (BRS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario which is purely related to bank reconciliation. Customer has a bank account with HDFC and as on 31st March 2008 the bank book balance was Rs.10,000/- in customers books of account.

At the end of March 2008 customer had made couple of transactions. They are

28th March 2008 Outgoing Payment to vendor A Rs.1000/-

29th March 2008 Outgoing Payment to building owner B Rs.500/-

After considering the above two payments customer bank book balance in customer books of account was Rs.10,000/-

HDFC bank balance as per bank book is Rs.11500/- as on 31st March 2008, because the said two cheques were not cleared in bank as on 31st March 2008.

Now, customer moved from legacy accounting packge to SAP B1, can anyone suggest me how do I consider the above transactions in SAP B1 for bank reconciliation purpose.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

N.Narayana Swamy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Let me thank you first for your reply.

I believe that you will be aware how the customer does the BRS in legacy system. eg. Tally. They will have list of cleared and uncleared cheque details with the amount respectively.

In SAP B1 how can they use BRS when they migrate from legacy system to SAP B1.

Can I request you to provide the detailed flow how I can fix this issue in SAP Business One.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

N.Narayana Swamy

Edited by: Rui Pereira on Dec 4, 2008 1:39 PM

gfeldman
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a very similar issue. Basically the question is... is there any way to import previous legacy system transactions into the system as uncreconciled transactions. It appers that the system is pulling transactions from JDT1 and any prior system transactions will not appear in the list.

Is there a way to import a transaction wtha will appear in the list but be offset by another transaction that will not?

Edited by: Rui Pereira on Apr 28, 2009 2:11 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamlesh,

First I would like thank for your reply.

If I use Rs.10,000/- as bank balance in April reconciliation, I will end up with difference in reconciliation for the cheques uncleared in the bank. Because when you enter the screen of manual reconciliation it will not show those transactions which are uncleared in bank.

Can I request your valuable inputs on this.

Regards

N.Narayana Swamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Narayana,

I think you should consider the Customer Books of Account Balances as of 31st March 2008 because BRS is just prepared to know the reasons for differences in Cash Book & Pass Book.

Example -

As on year end, the customer has bank balance of Rs.1000 but bank had debited his account for service charges for the year on 31st march. In this case, the customer comes to about this charges in April & has to pass respective entries in his books.

So, the basic purpose of BRS is pass or reverse the accounting entries in our books according to Bank statement which is found by preparing BRS

In your case, your customer should pass the entries and consider the effective balance for SAP B1

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have faced same scenario for my all clients.

You have to enter Bank balance as per client book i.e. Rs. 10000/- in April in reconciliation statement, ignore the bank book balance and unreconciled cheques while uploading April bank statement for reconciliation.

For the march reconciliation tell them to use Reco. report from Legacy system.

Regards

Kamlesh