Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC Recording with decimal points in it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a requirement in BDC recording.

There is a flat file with values in it.The flat file has currency fields also.

The exact requirement is ; when the value from the flat file is moved to the field in the screen, it needs to be changed in the following manner.

If the value of field is 1000, it will be displaced in the field as 1000, but if the value is 1,000.00 then the value , that needs to be displayed in the field while passing value to the field is 1.000,00 .

So the comma(,) present in the currency field has to be replaced with dot(.).

I tried using offset, like passing that field to a variable.

Splitting that variable into 2 parts and replacing , with . in the first part and . with , in the second part.

But it doesnot work, if the value is a whole number.Ex. 1000 which has no , or . in it.

Points for useful suggestions.

Can anybody provide an useful suggestions.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Some Doubts here first:

If the value of field is 1000, it will be displaced in the field as 1000, but if the value is 1,000.00 then the value , that needs to be displayed in the field while passing value to the field is 1.000,00 .

If the comma is replaced by dot, dont u think it will change the whole vlaue?

I mean 1000 dollars will become 1 dollar with ur replacement..?????

and in BDC...basaed on the field type..the values change...I mean if 1000 is entered and it is displaying 1,000.00 that is because of the data element and the reference field of the currency field..

Please check ur requirement first...

Regards,

Vishwa

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be u need to change ur user-setting :

goto SU01->Defaults ->decimal notation

set: 1,234,567.89

it will solve ur problem.....

0 Kudos

I have done the setting for different users in SU01.

Now i need to set the changes according to the user by the WRITE TO statement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

During the BDC Upload from Flat File, the Simplest way to Handle Currency & Quantity Fields is the Move them into a Variable of Type C (With Length Specified, lets say C(40)) and then pass it to the the BDC Recording.

The Reason being the User profiles many change from User to User and if we parse it in this way, it will take it appropriately according to the User Specified Settings.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri