cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export data from crystal reports 2008 to Xcelsius 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Does any body let me know the step by step procedure to using crystal reports 2008 data in Xcelsius 2008 apart from using Excel in Xcelsius 2008.

Thanks,

Chandra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have 2 ways to that:-

first , if you want to embed the dashboard into your crystal report, then all you need is to look for "Crystal Reports Data Consumer"

second, if you want just to present the data from your crystal report to your Xcelsius dashboard, you have to use Live office connector, as below

. install the live office connector

. open a new excel sheet.

. in the live office connector import the crystal report into the Excel

. save this excel sheet.

. import this excel sheet into your Xcelsius.

. add a new connection in the Xcelsius "Existing connections->live office connections"

. change the configuration related to the Live office connector.

now you have a life dashboard based on ur report.

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Thanks for your informative reply.. second option is seems to be clear one and could you please let me know where can i download

liveoffice is there any trail version if possible can you pls send me the link to download the trial version.

and in the 1st option what is the procedure to use crystal report dataconsumer possible pls let me know step by step

Thanks,

Chandra.

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Possible solutions:

- Use Live Office to import Crystal Report data into Excel, and use in Xcelsius.

- Export Crystal Report to Excel data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fritz Feltus,

Thanks for the response, could you please let me know how can i use live office in crystal reports 2008,

if possible step by step procedure....

Thanks,

Chandra.

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please have a look at the Live Office documentation; and let us know if you have any specific questions afterwards.

http://help.sap.com/content/bobj/overview/index.htm

Choose - Live Office > Business Objects XI 3.0 > BusinessObjects Live Office User's Guide

Cheers,

Fritz