cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

i have got some little problems of understanding the "date".

For Example.

You make a incoming payment. There are 4 fields for date.

1st. Posting, 2nd. due date, 3rd. Document Date, 4th. Transfer Date.

1. Question

Ok, if you change the transfer date, the due date will be automatically changed. Why does it work in this way ? The due date must not be the transfer date.

2. Question

I think, the posting date is the date you make your entry. But it seems to be another date and why will the document date be changed by entering a posting date, which is different from today.

The problem is, that we need use the general ledger report for the daily bank transfer chart. So the idea was to enter the bank date on the bank statement for the posting date.

I need your advise, thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

you will find extensive explanations about dates in SAP Business One in this EES:

[Dates in SAP Business One |https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000203912007E/CW10_FIN_Dates_in_SAP_B1.pdf]

The 'Transfer Date' in the 'Bank Transfer' Tab in the payment means window refers to the date that the bank transfer has an effect on the real life bank account. For incoming payments, your customer might have sent documentation indicating the date that the funds have left their account, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the money already has been lodged into your account. Banks tend to hold these funds in transit for a day or 2.

Similarly for outgoing payments, you might have instructed your bank to pay a vendor by bank transfer, but you don't want this to happen until a certain date. This date should then entered into 'Transfer Date'. The 'Due Date' is hence dependent on the 'Transfer Date', especially with respect to any cash discounts that should be applied if payment occurs within a defined period.

When using the payment wizard in conjunction with the payment engine, the transfer date is the execution date of the wizard.

All the best,

Kerstin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kerstin, thanks for your explanation. it there a way to get the pdf. I have only a costumer s-user and no access to the partner portal.

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can try to download from this link:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/SBO_Knowledge_Village/

Rgds,

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,,

please try this link:

[Dates |http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000323202008E.zip]

If that doesn't work, maybe you could contact your SAP partner to obtain a copy.

All the best,

Kerstin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my question is well answered, thanks a lot for your PDF.

regards Steffen

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For no. 1.:

due date here is not an invoice due date but the incoming payment due date. so if you pay by case, there is no transfer date but if you pay by transfer, then the transfer date will be used as incoming payment due date.

For no. 2.:

both are displaying the current date by default (system date). You can manually change the values in these fields and again, it is not related to invoice posting date or document date. Document date is a tax date.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are right, but i see the problem in the report. In the past we entered the due date / transfer date as the date of incoming / outgoing money. So i though we have to enter the dates into the posting field, but this is incorrect too.

I used the general ledger report in 2 ways. First i selected a due date (eg. 02 Oct. - 02. Oct.), the entries are correct, but i do not see the opening balance. Second i selected the posting date (same as due date), there i see the opening balance but no accounting.