Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate GOS business application for object PREL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

In the transaktion PA30 the functionality of the GOS is available. But the business application is standardly deactivated for the object "PREL". So the function "Store business document" (under menue point "Create...") is not active.

Is there a possibility to activeate this function? And how?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards

Stefan

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan.

That the option Store business document appear into transaction PA30 need two steps:

1) That the Business Object PREL have The Archivelink Interface: IFARCH21

2) The BO have the customazing on transaction OAC3, with PREL, document class, 'X', repository and link table.

Best Regards.

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To check the reason why the GOS service "Store business document" is inactive, Put a break-point in the method CHECK_STATUS in the class CL_ARL_SRV_LINK. This is the class which handles all processing related to the "Storing the Business document"

As noted by Alberto, you need to maintain the Entry in the OAC3 transaction. But I am not sure for which business object. For me also this open is deactivated becase, I don't have an entry for the business object BUS1065 (not the PREL) in the OAC3 transaction.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel.

0 Kudos

Naimesh,

Thank you so much for this info. I was able to debug and add the required entry in OAC3 and have my VA02/03 'Store business document' working in literally 15 minutes.

The issue we're facing is the users are using 'Create Attachment' abd this is string the document in the SAP Office tables SOOd, SOC3, SOFFCONT1, etc.

I would like to know how I can 'Disable' the 'create attachment' option.

Is this even possible? I'll really apprecaite your help.

Thanks.

Soyab

0 Kudos

Naimesh,

I found CL_GOS_SRV_ATTACHMENT_CREATE and in the CHECK_STATUS I was able to reset a field in the debugger and the option 'create attachment' was disabled but the question is how to do this via configuration.

Thanks.

Soyab

0 Kudos

If you want to remove the Create Attachment option for all the GOS toolbar than you can go to table SGOSATTR and remove the entry with the name PCATTA_CREA. Caution: This will remove the option "Create Attachement" from all the GOS Toolbar i.e. Customer, Vendor, Sales order etc.

If you want to do it for specific GOS toolbar, than you have to modify the CHECK_STATUS method of the CL_GOS_SRV_ATTACHMENT_CREATE.

I would not suggest to change the standard SAP code for this.

Alternativly, you can

1. copy the class CL_GOS_SRV_ATTACHMENT_CREATE to Z class i.e. ZCL_GOS_SRV_CREATE

2. Change the method CHECK_STATUS. Check if the Object 'BUS1065' than make it inactive.

Refer to the post: [Generic Object Services (GOS) Toolbar Part 2 : Handle added Service in the Toolbar |http://help-abap.blogspot.com/2008/11/generic-object-services-gos-toolbar.html]. Look for the implemenation of the CHECK_STATUS towards the end.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

Naimesh,

Very helpful information - This solution we can implement but the ideal solution would be to archive 'create attachments' documents.

I have tried to follow OSS notes 530792, 389366 and 904711 to try and configure our system so that these attachments get stored directly to the archive storage and not SOC3 and SOFFCONT1.

I'm afraid I still cannot get 530792 to work.

Do you have any detailed instructions on this subject - transaction by transaction, table by table?

I have successfully configured OAC2 and OAC3 to archive documents using the 'store business document' option and I can see the entries in table TOA03.

We use SAPHTTP and archivelink.

Once I can get the 'create attachments' documents option to archive I'll start looking at the option to transfer the attachments from SAP office tables to the archive server - OSS note 389366?

the size of our SOC3 and SOFFCONT1 tables are causing us a lot of concern.

Thanks for all your help.

Soyab

0 Kudos

Naimesh,

Further to my earlier posting regarding the configuration to archive 'create attachments'.

When I now do a 'new' attachment I see the following 2 messages in the SAP GUI bar:

Testing destination HTTP

Destination SAPHTTP OK.

Also, the record count of table SOC3 increments by 1 but SOFFCONT1 does not change.

In this case is the physical attachment stored in SOC3 or is it just a reference record?

Since nothing is added to SOFFCONT1 which other table, if any, is being incermented?

I cannot tell is the attachment is being archived - I'm only familair with the TOA* tables.

Prior to my config changes both SOC3 and SOFFCONT1 were being incremented for each stored attachement.

Thanks.

Soyab

0 Kudos

..forgot to mention that there are zero records on table SOOD where SOOD-EXTCT = 'A' (archive).

0 Kudos

Soyab

Did you get this working finally?

If not then try applying OSS note 668271 and then using tcode SKPR08 add an entry under New Cat. for SOFFPHIO and SOFFDB. If you use the pull-down there is an option to Create a new category or use tcode OACT. Create a new content category and assign it to the content repository you have already created (i.e. connected to http content server). Be sure that the content server is not assigned to document area ARCHLINK specifically (i.e. leave it blank).

The entry in SKPR08 makes SAP store the attachments on the external content repository instead of the SAPDB.