cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Posted Depreciation Values from Prev Months

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to display posted depreciation values from previous months. I looked through ANL* tables but they seem to only contain planned depreciation values. Where can I find the posted depreciation by months? Do I have to retrieve them through FI documents?

Please advice. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Paul is correct.

ANLP contains the depreciation posting values from each depreciation run, if there had been values to be posted for an asset. In there you find fields *Z and *G which are from interest per value type. *G contains the information at the beginning of the depreciation run, *Z the value to be posted in this run.

Logic for ordinary depreciation:

NAFAG = posted ordinary depreciation AT THE BEGINNING of the depr. run

NAFAZ = value to be posted from this depreciaiton run

Table ANLC contains the posted information on a cumulative annual basis. In there you find again *G fields, which is the posted value after the last depreciation run in the specified year.

Principle logic:

ANLC-NAFAG = ANLP-NAFAG + ANLP-NAFAZ => whereas this is always the LATEST ANLP existing, created from the last depreciation run which posted this asset.

Regards,

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! Found out that NAFAZ is the period's depreciation.

Edited by: newbird on Oct 14, 2008 10:05 AM

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

that´s only correct if you have an asset processed only once in a period. If the asset is getting depreciation postings several times in a period (changes in depr. parameters and repeat run), then the period depreciation is the TOTAL of NAFAZ.

You have to take care also that you can skip period with an unplanned run. So if you skip 2 periods, the next run will contain depreciation of 3 periods in NAFAZ.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Have a Look to ANLP.