cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than 1 bank country for payment program possible?

marlies_spronk
Explorer
0 Kudos

My organisation is based in France and we have paying house banks in France and the USA. For domestic payments in France in EUR, we defined a payment method and this works fine. For our USD payments with the bank in the USA, we need to have a seperate payment file for payments only in the USA and a file for all USD payment outside the USA.

In FBZP, i can only customize the setup for domestic payments for our company code country France. Is it possible to have another bank country added to FBZP or does anyone know how i can differentiate between for our USA bank between a "domestic USA" file and a file for USD outside USA?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice,

Marlies

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marlies,

that is possible, you have to create 2 separate payment methods, i. e.

1 = domestic US

2 = abroad US

assign the paymentmethods to the ranking order and enter the bank accounts. Then enter available amounts for the housebanks/Currencies.

Hope this gives you a little help.

Best regards

Horst

marlies_spronk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Horst,

Thanks for your quick reply. I just have 1 question regarding your reply. If i create 2 payment methods for USD, how does the payment program makes it's selection on beneficiary country? Does that mean that i have to indicate the specific payment method only for the US vendor? We normally indicate all payment methods to our vendor and let the payment program decide of which it pays.

Regards,

Marlies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marlies,

yes you are right, you have to make different entries in the vendors masterrecord. An alternativ could be to use the "Free selections" and make one paymentrun i. e. for LFA-LAND1 = "US" and another for LFA-LAND1 NE "US" but I do not recommend that because errors are preassigned.

Well, the paymentprogram decides furthermore which paymentmethod is choosen. Indicating all vendors with all paymentmethods can cause errors i. e.

Vendor 1 is domestic, Paymentmethod U for domestic bank transfer

Vendor 2 is abroad, Paymentmethod X for bank transfer abroad

Entries in Vendor master Record: U for vendor 1, Vendor 2 got X

If UCX is entered in the initialisation of the paymentprogram all vendors are paid with "U", and this is wrong because the datacarrier for U has another file layout than for X

Hopefully this makes it a bit clearer, if not, give me a sign....

Best regards

Horst

marlies_spronk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

Thanks again.

Off course we would prefer to have the payment program to select the data, but if there is no other solution, we have to maintain it ourselves through the vendors.

Unfortunately, the selection field "bank country beneficiary" is not available in our payment program. We want to change to SAPFPAYM and this field is not there. I already wrote to SAP about it, but (as expected), they don't see the need to add this field although it was there for the french payment program.

Thanks and regards,

Marlies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marlies,

wish I could suggest you another solution, but my clients are really fine with that solution. of course, the payables accountant has to take care while maintaining the data.

Best regards

Horst