cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our companies quality management process is being reviewed and there is a desire to record root cause analysis and permanent corrective action details in a system. Ie. QN's are used to manage non-conformances but a separate process is required to manage and record the CAR's (Corrective Action Request's) etc.

Does SAP have a facility to accomodate this type of process?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

Mr. Ashok is absolutely right that your requirement can be completely covered within 'Quality Notification'.

There are Following Notification which may be of your Interest...

Quality Notification

Definition

- Describes a business object's nonconformance with a quality requirement and contains a request

to take appropriate action.

The following quality notification types are predefined in the system

- Customer complaint

- Complaint against a vendor

- Internal problem report

In addition to the standard notification types, you can also define your own user-specific notification types

Use

You can use a quality notification to record the following information:

- Problem description

- Affected reference objects (for example, material, purchase order or delivery)

- Partner information (for example, customer, vendor, or coordinator)

- Defect items

- Causes of defect items

When you process a quality notification, you can

- Define tasks for the notification or for individual defect items

- Log the activities carried out for the notification or for individual defect items

- Record problem-related nonconformity costs in a QM order. You can assign an existing QM order to a quality notification or create a new QM order and assign it to a notification.

- Print shop papers

- Select and evaluate quality notifications

A quality notification supports you in your processing activities with the following functions

- Response monitoring for tasks

- Status management

- Follow-up actions for tasks

- Action box

- Action log

+Please note that you can create a seperate Quality Notification Type Other then 'Q1,Q2 & Q3' to handle your requirement of CAR (Corrective Action Request) i.e. Just Create another Notification Type Q4 and along with the all other related data go to Items Tab --> There are again tabs of Item Overview, Causes, Correction Tasks , Corrective Actions.

I Hope it will fulfill your requirement. Please revert with findings.

Thnaks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

Again, thank you very much for the prompt response.

Yes, I agree it is best to use our existing system and simply create a new Notification 'Type' to capture the required CAR information we require.

I will check out functionality within our Sandbox system and see if it meets with the requesters approval.

I will let you know how it goes.

Regards,

Allan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

i think best way si going with Notifications -activities

a-shok

Former Member
0 Kudos

ASHOK,

Thanks for the very prompt reply. Notifications - Activities?

Is this in customizing in SAP? I do not see it within SPRO! Unless I am looking at the wrong area?

If you have a specific example I would appreciate the information.

Regards,

Allan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I mean, use the notification from QM01

here in notifications you can record the acivities(work to be doene, work completed or any important text can be recorded and can be seen in QM16/17

-ashok