Our companies quality management process is being reviewed and there is a desire to record root cause analysis and permanent corrective action details in a system. Ie. QN's are used to manage non-conformances but a separate process is required to manage and record the CAR's (Corrective Action Request's) etc.
Does SAP have a facility to accomodate this type of process?
ATUL MITTAL replied
Mr. Ashok is absolutely right that your requirement can be completely covered within 'Quality Notification'.
There are Following Notification which may be of your Interest...
- Describes a business object's nonconformance with a quality requirement and contains a request
to take appropriate action.
The following quality notification types are predefined in the system
- Customer complaint
- Complaint against a vendor
- Internal problem report
In addition to the standard notification types, you can also define your own user-specific notification types
You can use a quality notification to record the following information:
- Problem description
- Affected reference objects (for example, material, purchase order or delivery)
- Partner information (for example, customer, vendor, or coordinator)
- Defect items
- Causes of defect items
When you process a quality notification, you can
- Define tasks for the notification or for individual defect items
- Log the activities carried out for the notification or for individual defect items
- Record problem-related nonconformity costs in a QM order. You can assign an existing QM order to a quality notification or create a new QM order and assign it to a notification.
- Print shop papers
- Select and evaluate quality notifications
A quality notification supports you in your processing activities with the following functions
- Response monitoring for tasks
- Status management
- Follow-up actions for tasks
- Action box
- Action log
+Please note that you can create a seperate Quality Notification Type Other then 'Q1,Q2 & Q3' to handle your requirement of CAR (Corrective Action Request) i.e. Just Create another Notification Type Q4 and along with the all other related data go to Items Tab --> There are again tabs of Item Overview, Causes, Correction Tasks , Corrective Actions.
I Hope it will fulfill your requirement. Please revert with findings.