cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunning Charges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a new Dunning Procedure wherein some dunning charges are included in Dunning Level 3. In the Dunning Procedure there are only 3 dunning levels. When I do the dunning run the dunning charges are appearing, but the charges are not debited to the Customer account (FBL5N).

At what point of time Dunning Charges will be debited to the Customer Account?

Thanks in Advance

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please refer to the SAP documentation, dunning charges and dunning interest are not automatically posted.

Excerpt from the documentation:

Charges and Interest

You can levy charges and interest for dunning notices and print them out on the dunning notices. The amounts are not posted.

I work in a German environment, the reason is a legal one. The dunning charges do not represent a claim and must not be added to the original amount. For that reason they are not posted together with the dunning run.

That might be different in your area, but I got stuck with the same problem and my question was referred to this part of the documentation.

Kind regards,

Rudolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudolf,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am working in NL Environment. If it is not charged at the Dunning Run level, when we receive the dunning charge amount. What kind of accounting entry is required for this(Dr and Cr) and how the account determination happens.

Best Regards

Balaji

former_member182464
Participant
0 Kudos

Bajaji,

I am working in similar situation, please throw some light on how did you set-up account entries when you receive payments

Thanks,

Darshak

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hpham-1
0 Kudos

Hello Rudolf,

The thread is a bit old. But I hope to get an answer from you.

I work in a German environment, too. How can we book the received payments of dunning charges then.

And how do interest indicators play a role in the FBMP?

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Dunning is just Reminder for sending dunning notices to costomer. So i think it would not have the any purpose to book any kind of accounting entries. when you received any payment then only you can book dunning charges.by the way it only appear in you dunning notices for information purpose. correct me if i am wrong.

Manoj J