Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SRM IDOC'S BDOC'S and BAPI'S clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please clarify the following points:

1) For a particular object say Shopping cart, how to asscertain whether it uses IDOC, BDOC, BAPI. Is there any defined process/method to know which mode of transfer to the other system i.e backend.

2) Are BDOC'S relevant only to SAP CRM or for SAP SRM also.

maximum points would be rewarded.

regards,

IGA.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IDocs will be used when posting goods confirmations (GR), Invoices from SRM into backend system.

BDocs are meant for master data replication purposes such as Material master, Service masters.

BAPIs will be used while creating the follow-on documents (PO/PR etc) in the backend system after shopping cart is approved or sourced (Sourcing cockpit/Bidding ) from SRM

Regards,

Jagadish

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

difficult to answer your first point , as each type of document is created in backend in different way, but i know few ,

in classic scenario --> backend documents are created directly in R/3

and there following BAPI is used

1) BAPI_PO_CREATE1 for PO creation

2) BAPI_REQUISITION_CREATE for PR creation.

in extended classic scenarion --> replication of documents happens using FM --> BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC

you can refer to the function module --> and investigate how documents are created in this case.., if you have implemented extended classic scenario

2 ) regarding your second question , i have seen BDOCS only during the replication of master data from R/3 to SRM.

that is the replication of product categories , products.

i dont think BDOCS are used anywhere in SRM , i have not seen them being used for creation of documents...

hope this helps..