cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Stock checkint at Sale order level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I would like to know that, instead of delivery stage i would like to give control at the time of material entry in sale order level. Whenever user enters a material code system should not allow unless stock is there.

regards

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Are you asking that in order entry if a material is not available, then the system should not allow to even enter the material?

May I know the reason for that?

Through customizing it is possible. But consider this scenario which you will surely come across in that case. Consider that you will code in such a way that material will have a block if stock is not available. Consider that on 13th Oct you will carry out stock inventory in your plant & find that 100 quantity is available. So you will remove the material block & allow order entry for that material. Consider that you have an order with quantity 150 logged in. Since there is no block on the material, user will be allowed to enter the material. Customer requires 150 but you have just 100. That means there is no sufficient stock available to fulfill your order. This will contradict your requirement. Right?

Unless the material is entered, system will not be able to carry availability check. Coz only then you will come to know what quantity the customer requires. Only then you will be able to confirm when the item will be available.

So what I feel is that your requirement may be feasible through customized user exists but it will surely have issues like above.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prasad

Assuming that you are asking in Make To Stock scenario, I dont know why you want to prevent creation of sale order bcoz, creation of sale order will not have any impact

If you still would like have this control, you have to go for user exit.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi