cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KE30 with currnt year and previous year columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

I continually get memory low when I run a KE30 report. I have made some changes to see if I can determine the possible cause. What I noticed was the following: If the report is just for the current year and I look at KEDT the number of actual record read is approx 1,500,000. If the report is just for the prior year the actual records read is approx 1,800,00. If the report is for current year and prior year the actual records read is approx 9,000,000. 9,000,000 seem to be aprox the total number of PA records, i.e. the actual records is the total number of PA records.

This is a complex report with aprox 120 rows and 9 columns, reading record types F,D and B.

Has any one had a similar problem and that may be able to help.

Regards

Rob Viljoen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this despite using summarization levels?

I had a similar problem in Retail, which was eliminated with some analysis and creating the right summarization levels. Analyse your summarizations. These can reduce read volumes significantly.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we are using summarization levels. For year and period the summarization is set to "*". It seems the report is selecting 5 years of history even though I am only selecting current year and prior year information. I have tried different options within the report and as soon as I select two (or more) years it selects all the records. Similar to a response from someone else, I also believe the selection code that is produced from the form and report may be wrong.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not have a complete solution and accept I will have to dig more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume the other 6M records is years prior to the current year?

You have two options, investigate the selection criteria that results from the report, and try and stop it selecting the other 6M records as well. Something is happening in the report that contains both years, which opens up the net effect of the selection criteria.

I am certain that you will find something in the aforementioned. If not, try and split the report into pieces, where a summary report is called first, and then the user drilldown into the detail report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the 6,000,000 is the prior years. I believe you may be right. The selection code created as a result of the form and report may be wrong. Just a bit of a hassle to check this.