cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how show groups header on each page programmatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo.

I have a repport generarted by a C# programme with 3 grenerated Groups.

all works fine.

but when the details is very long and cause a page break, the groups header don't appears on the new page.

and i want reapeat teh groups header on each page.

i'have tried a lot of things.....

i use VS2008 with CR 2008

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonik,

If I understand your question correctly this sounds more like a report design question. If the data in a particular group "grows" so that the group overflows onto a second page you can change the group options so that the Group Header repeats on each page.

With the report in Design mode right click near the Group Header and select Change Group in the context menu. Select the Option tab in the Change Group Options box and put a check mark next to Repeat Group Header On Each Page. This should allow the group headers to repeat if the information "overflows" onto the next page.

If I've misunderstood your question and you're really asking about how to do something programatically please provide additional clarification and information about what you're trying to achieve.

Otherwise if you need further assistance with this report design issue you'll be better served by moving this thread over to the [Crystal Reports Design|; forum under the [Business Objects|/community [original link is broken]; group.

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Visual Studio 2010 and I am trying to access this setting, but unfortunately unsuccessful.

Does anyone know how to programmatically set this option? Plus, I have a group inside subreport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank's for your help.

so here is the code of initialisation :

// initialisation des objets rpt

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument m_ReportDocument;

ISCDReportClientDocument m_ReportClientDocument;

m_ReportDocument = new CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument();

m_ReportDocument.Load(p_ParametrageRpt.FichierRptModele.Rpt_FileName);

m_ReportClientDocument = m_ReportDocument.ReportClientDocument;

if you need something else i'm at your disposal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Jonik;

I wanted to test this a little further.

What references do you have for BusinessObjects or Crystal Reports in your application? I am not seeing the exact property path you are.

How is the m_ReportClientDocument defined?

Elaine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

But i'm not in Design mode. i generate dynamicaly the repport.

i'have tried this code to repeat the groupe header on each page, but it's only show on the first page :

(m_ReportClientDocument.ReportDefinition.get_GroupHeaderArea(i).Format as GroupAreaFormat).EnableRepeatGroupHeader = true;

if you have an exemple of use of the EnableRepeatGroupHeader property, i will very happy.

(sorry for my bad english)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Jonik;

Open your report in the Crystal Reports designer.

Go to Report|Group Expert. Choose "Options" and then the "Options" tab in the "Change Group Options" dialog.

There is a check box for Repeat Group Header On Each Page.

Elaine