cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with Account Assignment Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While Creating the PO I am getting this error. I just copied the Material type of ROH into Consumables..

In OMS2 alos I ticked Qty and Value based Updating..

The Error Msg is...

Account assignment mandatory for material RH1001 (enter acc. ass. cat.) Message no. ME062

Diagnosis

There is no provision for value-based inventory management for this material type in this plant. Account assignment is thus necessary.

Procedure

Please enter an account assignment category.

Rgs,

Priya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for my earlier Post.....

Actually for Consumable Material Quantity and Value Updations Should not be Active since they consume Once it is Goods Receipted.

Regarding your Issue Purchase Order for Consumable Material will be always Created with an Account assignment Category Such as Cost center Etc.

So Please go to OMS2 Trxn Code and Select your Consumable Material type and in Quantity / Value Update Field Put tick mark against In No Valuation areas and save.

Now Create a Purchase Order in ME21N with Account assignment Category and Proceed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please extend the Material RH1001 to the plant in whcih you are creating the PO.

If this is a consumable material , for the material type Qty update should not be active.

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

One clarification is that you have specified as consumables, for consumables noramally there shuold not be any quantity & value updation at valuation level.

Rgds

Srini

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to OMS2 Trxn Code and Select Consumable Material Type and in Quantity / Value Update Put tick Mark against All Valuation Areas and Save.

Now Select Quantity & Value Update tab Left and side and Put tick Mark agaisnt your Plant / Valuation area and Save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi if u r using the account assignment category if any then dont use that.

check again that u have ticked for qty and value updation for the respective valuation area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in OMS2 select the material type RH1001and double click on Quantity/value updating-->here put tick against quantity updating and value updating for the valuation area->save.

now go for the po

regards,

indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the material type of the material "RH1001" if it has a Value and Qty updation activated at the respective valuation area.

Regards

Merwyn