Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click Event for ALV in Abap WD

thomas_rodemer
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can i register an event if someone clicks somewhere on the ALV Grid? I need something like ON_CLICK, but it should work for all cells, not only the LinkToAction and Button-Rows.

Another question: Is there an event if someone clicks on a header of a row?

Kind Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uday/Thomas

Before using ON_CELL_ACTION, cell content should be either button or link to action

DATA lr_link      TYPE REF TO cl_salv_wd_uie_link_to_action .
  CREATE OBJECT lr_link.
  lr_link->set_text_fieldname( 'Field Name' ).
  lo_column_settings ?= lo_table.
  lo_column =  lo_table->if_salv_wd_column_settings~get_column( ''Field Name' ).
  lo_column_hdr = lo_column->create_header( ).
  lo_column->set_h_align( cl_wd_table_column=>e_h_align-center ).
  lo_column->set_cell_editor( lr_link ).

If the field is normal field and then ON_CELL_ACTION event will not trigger, in that case one has to use the event ON_LEAD_SELECTION, that will give the index of the row and for getting the value

get_element( index )

get_static_attribute( ) method you will be able to get the value of the field.

Regards

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create Method of type Event in View where you have ALV, Link that method with the Event ON_CELL_ACTION, this method will have parameter R_PARAM

DATA lv_col   TYPE string.
  DATA lv_index TYPE sy-index.

lv_col = r_param->column .
lv_index = r_param->index.

Using this you will be able to get the values of the cell on which cell has been clicked.

Regards

Vishal

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I tried doing as how you had suggested but couldn't get my code triggered for the event. I tried with both the ON_CLICK & ON_CELL_ACTION events. But clicking on the table cells was only resulting in the table row getting selected (lead selection being set). I had earlier coded similar functionality for the ON_FUNCTION event and that event handler is getting triggered fine. Any ideas as to why things aren't working for these events?

Regards,

Uday