cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Two Depreciaiton Areas in AA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have created two depreciation areas one is area posts in real time and another one is area does not post( for management purpose).

I have assigned two areas in asset class in transaction "Determine Depreciation Areas in the Asset Class".

I have assigned two different kinds of depreciation keys to these areas.

But while l executed depreciation run, I am unable to see depreciation calculated in Management depreciation area. Even though I need not post this depreciation, I want to see the depreciation calculated using depreciation key assigned to management depreciation area.

Please suggest me what are other customizing settings i have to do.

thanks & regards,

Ramesh B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the depreciation run will apparently NOT post any depreciation area which is not set up to post values to G/L. So if you specified the depreciation area not to post to G/L, what would you expect from the depreciation run? This program does collect all periodical depreciation and posts it to G/L, this is its basic purpose.

So for statistical (management) areas you will not get postings, but you can use the FI-AA reporting for these areas. FI-AA reports will calculate planned depreciation on a year-to-date basis for all depreciation areas.

Regards,

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the depreciation key assigned to Mgt Dep Area in Asset Master at TCode AS03/Dep Areas tab

Cheers

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i have already assigned.