Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Managing Two Depreciaiton Areas in AA

Hi!

We have created two depreciation areas one is area posts in real time and another one is area does not post( for management purpose).

I have assigned two areas in asset class in transaction "Determine Depreciation Areas in the Asset Class".

I have assigned two different kinds of depreciation keys to these areas.

But while l executed depreciation run, I am unable to see depreciation calculated in Management depreciation area. Even though I need not post this depreciation, I want to see the depreciation calculated using depreciation key assigned to management depreciation area.

Please suggest me what are other customizing settings i have to do.

thanks & regards,

Ramesh B

Former Member
replied

Hi,

the depreciation run will apparently NOT post any depreciation area which is not set up to post values to G/L. So if you specified the depreciation area not to post to G/L, what would you expect from the depreciation run? This program does collect all periodical depreciation and posts it to G/L, this is its basic purpose.

So for statistical (management) areas you will not get postings, but you can use the FI-AA reporting for these areas. FI-AA reports will calculate planned depreciation on a year-to-date basis for all depreciation areas.

Regards,

Markus

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question