Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactive time management in cProjects

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've a really strange question. I would like to use cProjects for project management but have no need for using the time management. Furthermore it disturbs the process like I need it and for this reason it is neccessary to deactivate the time management even if this is contrarian to normal project management.

Is this possible?

Thx,

Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By time management I presume you are referring to the scheduling functionality where dates/durations are entered against project elements? This is not possible out of the box. You might consider hiding the date and duration fields, but I am not sure how this will effect the other functionality. Perhaps if you could further elaborate on the business requirement might be able to provide a better answer.

Cheers,

Lashan

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lashan,

thx for your answer and sorry for describing my problem in this bad way.

I like to disable everything that has to do with the dates and the controlling of the date (duration is to long, ..). Because I would like to use cProjects as a system to set up my projects for time recording and so on but have no need to schedule the different tasks. At the moment I have to take care that all the dates, durations and so on are logical correct and I don't want to take care about this. So the question is if all the warnings and error messages about time/date scheduling can be deactivated.

Thx, Vanessa

jatin_grover
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

One user specific solution would be to check the checkbox

"Scheduling Only Manually" that is available in user settings on the

general tab.

Regards,

Jatin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

I am afraid this might not be achievable via configuration as far as I know, and you might need to take the modification route. I wouldn't really know which function modules or BAdi's u need to change, perhaps there is somebody in this forum who might have done something similar.

Another workaround, although not the best would be to just not touch the standard duration and date fields (you could make these fields read-only so user wont change it). This will result in everything, phases, tasks having a default of 1 day each and you would get no errors/warnings. The warnings start to come when you make changes and add relationships.

Hope the above is somewhat helpful.

Cheers,

Lashan

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for your answers.

We are planning our projects for getting the tasks in the ESS and we have no need to plan the ressources in a detail where we say that the task takes 3 days. Because if we would start to plan it is some kind of difficult to plan really exactly. Furthermore there is no benefit for us because we really just want to plan the projects with much dates.

The problem we are facing is that we get warnings (when dates are not feasible, .. ). This warnings we would like to supress.

I now started to have a look at the BAPI DPR_SCHEDULING but cannot find any documentation and no examples on how to use them and when they are triggered ..

Could someone help regardings this problems?

Thank you,

Vanessa

Answers (0)