cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns to vendor after GR/IR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have done Goods receipt for a PO, and I have also done the Invoice verification and the stock is in unrestricted use, I found that I have no use with the material anymore, now that i want to return goods back to vendor. what all necessary steps do i have to follow.......pls explain in detail.....

Thanks & Regards,

Venu MG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a return PO for the material (activate returnable tick at the item level) and do a GR and raise a credit memo against the PO. GR will be with 161 movement removing the stock from the warehouse.

Regards

Merwyn

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i found the solution

thanks guys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu/all,

I have done GR for a PO, then I want to do goods returs to vendor. So I created a return PO(Return has been checked). But while trying to to do GR against return PO, movement type is taking 161 automatically, but in down it shows PO does not contain any selectable item. PO history not yet created. kindly help me to solve this issue.

regards,

logi

Edited by: Logi Saravan on Oct 13, 2008 1:01 PM

Edited by: Logi Saravan on Oct 13, 2008 1:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have done the IV then follow the below mentioned steps

1.ME21N - Create a Returns PO Returns indicator for PO line item.

2. MIGO - Goods Receipt Mvmt type "161" against return purchase order

3. J1IS u2013 Excise Invoice Other Movements

click on create button to create an outgoing excise invoice

Take ref.doc.type - MATD, Doc Number - Material document NO Series Group, Excise Group, Vendor

Check BED, ECS and SECess values to be reversed. and click on save button.

4. J1IV - Post Excise Invoice.

5. MIRO - Credit memo against. Returns PO.

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can generate a new PO with the amount you want to return and then send the material back to vendor, make GR and IR for the returned material...

OR

Return the material via using the MIGO tcode....use RETURN doc type...enter qty , check value and send the material with the proper mvt type to the vendor....then go to MIRO, make a credit memo for the required amount...this will solve your problem...

Well!! the second one is bit easier then that of first one...i suggest you to go for sencond procedure...

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks once again,

I have followed the second case u suggested and to my surprise when i checked the stock i found the stock is still in on-order stock.....can u explain me what exactly is on-order stock.......

thanks n regards

venu mg

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Open order stock means the PO creted is still open for GR for the qty it is showing in Open qTY. Once you will do the GR it will be disappear and your unres stock will be updated.

Since you have done 122 mov type hence the material is showing the open qty for which you have done vendor return

Regards

Sujoy

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

You can see the on-order stock from the MMBE transaction....its available for GR/GI etc....

Check from MMBE, where the stock is present currently....

And then return...

You can also see the open PO's from the table EKBE ..from tcode SE16....

Hope it helps...

Regards

Priyanka.P

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You Can Return the Material using the Return Po Scenario

Make a Return Purchase Order with Item Returns Tick mark in Purchase Order line item

Create a Goods Receipt with Return Po Doc which will take 161 Movement type automatically on Posting

Create a Credit Memo in MIRO if Payment has been done already