cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue:Structure explosion for item 000020 is not possible...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i am getting this error when i am creating the sales order.so where i have to do the setting for resolving this issue.

Structure explosion for item 000020 is not possible

Message no. V1578

Diagnosis

You have tried to carry out a structure explosion within an exploded structure, but this is not possible.

For example, the system finds one component and one item category within an exploded BOM that leads to another BOM explosion in document processing. This is not possible because you can only explode a multi- level BOM and the explosion can only start with a document item that has not been generated by the previous explosion.

Similar problems occur when combining BoM explosion and product selection.

System Response

The system does not carry out the lower-level explosion.

Procedure

Configure the settings in Customizing, so that sub-items do not lead to another explosion. It might be that the wrong item category was determined for the sub-item.

Regards

Subrat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear G. Lakshmipathi,

my requirement is very simple

i have two levels one is header level material and another is child level material.

the stocks will be at child level

pricing will be at header level

so what will be will be the item catagory group and item catagory for header level item and for the child level item.

please help

Regards

Subrat

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Subrat

For the component, try maintaining item category group TAE and for header level as NORM. Its only a guess that this will work for you but not sure.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

sridhar_v
Active Contributor

Hello,

I know this is the response to the question which is graved, but will be better for the people who like to refer and solve there problem.

I had the same problem and what I did is:

In VOV7 select TAE- and remove structure scope A and uncheck the manual entries, and remove SD01, and save it.

Your BOM will work now.

Regards,

Saplinx

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Subrat

I dont know what item category you have maintained. Try with maintaining item category for the component to TAE and NORM, if not you have already maintained.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have tried this but still same error is coming.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Subu,

These is due to BOM explosion settings in the itemcategory of that item, so please go to VOV7 transaction then select your item category i.e item 20 itemcategory then go in to the detailes here you check the settings for the field Structure scope under Bill of Material /Configuration tab here you maintain A-Explode single-level bill of material then try.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.