cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between transactions VL32N and MIGO_GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All MM Gurus,

I am an ABAPer.I have a doubt here.What's the difference between transactions VL32N and MIGO_GR.What I know is

perhaps VL32N is only against delivery while MIGO can be used to do a Goods Receipt against lot many things.

Also i want to know one thing.When I come to VL32N transaction i have to enter a delivery no.I want to now when is this delivery no generated i.e where is it coming from.

Please excuse me if my questions sound silly.

Thanks in Advance,

Saket.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Saket,

Inbound delivery is the confirmation done before the GR is created. In a PO if u check the confirmation tab in the Item details u find the Inbound delivery no. The shipping notifications are given in the Inbound delivery as to the size of the containers , the date , packing details, port of loading etc.

Before carrying out the GR the goods are to the brought to the premises where they are confirmed. This id ID. once checked the putaway Qty is confirmed in the same and then the goods are putaway by the GR to its actual storage location/ warehouse.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Prasanna

Award pls if helpful

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u can see delivery no only when u have done VL31N transaction which is create inbound delivery.

e.g it is just like u can change material in MM02 unless u have created it in MM01.

ya in MIGO u can use diff option to create the GR, u can use the no generated at inbound delivery (VL31N)also.

once u have created delivery no in VL31N u can see it in EKPO table.

regards,

sujit