Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Idocs (DEBMAS06) into one single file

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Multiple Idocs(DEBMAS06) are sent from SAP in bulk to be sent to FTP server via XI...(Cannot use Append the file as The structure is with Header,Detail(all the idoc details) and Trailer)

I have seen different threads which speaks about the same,

But Please suggest me the best approach to proceed with this kind of scenario...

which is speaking about BPM and also Packaging(SAP note 814393)

and https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30ea2fdf-f047-2a10-d3a2-955a634b...

(How Tou2026 Send Multiple IDocs Within One XI Message)

I prefer not to use BPM... but if required then....

Please suggest me which is the best approach to proceed with it..

Thanks and Regards,

Sridhar Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Idoc packaging

Idoc message packages setting allows the idoc adapter cache the messages in the queue until the number specified in the maximum package entries is reached. It triggers all the entries in the queue once after the last idoc is reached. so it not affect performance.

see below blog

You can also use Adapter packaging, see below blog

//Idoc bundlling trick

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dharamveer,

Thanks for your reply

I had seen stefen's Blog

and i think this way is best to approach as theMultiple IDOCs data has to be sent once a day (at specified time)....

Regards,

Sridhar Reddy

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sridhar

This is technique is good if you r sending High volume(100 or more IDOC) in hour. Performance is very good.But if you want to send just 5 or 10 in a hour and Monitoring is main issue then go for BPM because it provide to good monitoring.

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dharamveer,

IDOCS will be sent ONCE A DAY only and it will send upto 500 idocs collectively to XI at 7:PM only and has to be updated in the File...

And one thing can all the IDOCS say 500 will be updated if i use IDOC packaging as suggested in the SAP notes 814393...

In that they are using the modified XSD(0..unbounded instead of 1) of the idoc and importing into the idoc...

So can all the IDOCS be updated in single file if it is the case...

Regads,

Sridhar

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The blog u r following to collect the idocs outside XI box is good for you.

And one thing can all the IDOCS say 500 will be updated if i use IDOC packaging as suggested in the SAP notes 814393\

Yes, of course.

So can all the IDOCS be updated in single file if it is the case...

This depends upon ur mapping. In mapping u have to use the imported XSD structure of Idoc instead of Original idoc. Then u may use node funtions to create multiple records at the target structure. There would be only one output file in this case carrying data for all the Idocs.

Regards,

Prateek

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I had tried the scenario Multiple IDOC's coming from R/3 and send all of them into a Single File

But it did not work...

Of course i changed as Micahel mentioned in

(Collect and make pack size to 50) but still the idocs are posting as 50 messages in XI and 50 files are being created ...

But as per his remarks we need customization which is very difficult...

And also i checked Michaels blog

But this is dicussing reverse of my scenario...

and finally i am thinking of going with the stefens weblog...

Can any one please suggest any other best way to handle this...

Instead of going for BPM i am implementing as Stefen suggested ... This is because we have many such interfaces where SAP sends collective idocs....

Regards,

Sridhar Reddy

Edited by: sridhar reddy kondam on Oct 22, 2008 6:20 AM

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

The IDOC packaging works for receiving SAP side...

Mine is from SAP sends multiple IDOC's which XI to sent to a single Flat file...

So i tried the IDOC packaging but it is creating mulitpe files...

and i dont think Packaging is possible until SAP sends them in single message...

So i think as of now Stefen's weblog is to follow ... Until SAP provides a Solution as Michaels suggested in his reply to his weblog..

So pleasecan you suggest if i am right...

Regards,

Sridhar

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Applied EHP1

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still looking for a possible solution and eventhough it solved with Stefen's weblog but this is not a standard SAP Proactice...

SAP should provide this

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you getting multiple IDoc nodes in a single XML from ECC or under one IDoc, mulitple sub nodes are coming? Based on this the solution could be from very simple to complex.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer to this thread.

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinithra,

The thread you sent is different scenario eventhough i can handle same with that you mentioned...

but since we have many interfaces same like this we are not preferring to use BPM...

Thanks and Regards,

sridhar

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of going for BPM i am implementing as Stefen ()suggested ... This is because we have many such interfaces where SAP sends collective idocs....

But eventhough this is not the right way i had to go with this as i dont want to use BPM which i have many interfaces like this...

Hope this feature is added by SAP in Future

Edited by: sridhar reddy kondam on Oct 22, 2008 6:23 AM

Edited by: sridhar reddy kondam on Oct 22, 2008 8:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

this is one of the trick that can be used in case of multiple Idocs without a bpm.

regards,

Milan

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi sridhar

Yes,To collect idoc in a single file we need to change XSD occurance 0...Unbound mannualy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

I prefer better to use BPM.