Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sheduled a background job for bdc program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

How to shecduled a background job for a bdc program...when i try to do with t.code sm36 i am getting canceled satutus. Please suggest me how to do this..

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

kranthi rani.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

BDC cannot work in background mode...it cannot be schedule ...that's the reason for the BDC job getting cancelled..

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you pls show the code

Regards

Madhan

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

SEARCH in SCN .you have lot of posts related to schedule bdc in background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

I think you are uploading some file from your PC into the system in your BDC program. So when you run your BDC in background, file upload command will be failing. I think this is the cause for cancellation.

Also for further details check th Job log of the job.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Using Background mode, you cannot upload a file from presentation server to SAP... There is no doubt about that whatsoever, that is why you are getting cancelled status..

The next option is upload the file to application server first and then from there call the file in background mode and perform BDC.

Regards,

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

BDC cannot work in background mode...it cannot be schedule ...that's the reason for the BDC job getting cancelled..

0 Kudos

I dont this BDC cannot run in Background mode.

BDC also is like any other program which can either run in foreground or in background and it wont matter. Only when there is an interface with your presentation server the BDC or for that matter any program fails.

Like someone has stated above if you put your file in App server and run a program in background it works fine.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Execute the program RSBDCSUB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Program RSBDCSUB is to execute the session method in background and in foreground, for this you need to create a session in sm35.

To carry out postings, you can have the system run the batch input sessions automatically. To do this, use report RSBDCSUB.

Regards,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.........